mnml newbie

Post by Synful »

tr 808
konradsk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by konradsk »

I agree with recording your own farts... or stuff similar...random

My "associate" who does workshops teaching kids how to make music was teaching a load of 8-10 year olds, recording them in a huge sports hall teaching them basic rhythms.
He got them clapping and snapping their fingers, tapping anything!
and the results where cool, you cant beat naturally recorded reverb recorded with a decent room mic.
The claps and snaps where out of space.
Sadly the kids won't be getting any royalties :wink:

I guess it depends whether you want to innovate and create something original or immitate the good music that is already out there... which seems fruitless

If you want glitch sounds get a sampler that enables you to timestretch and/or granular synthesis
Techelon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Techelon »

people pleace, be inventive, try to do youre own thing, if the song says it have to be techno, let it be techno, if it says it have to be techhouse ore whatever, let it be what the feeling says, experiment with the synths it is Fucking fun MAN, i just do some with waldorf attack, halion, korg legacy a1 (cubase sx instrument- some freeware and so.. put some effects, let yourselves go, always the stupid questions, whats the best vst bla bla bla, if you like to learn, search the net some: tweakheadz.com, steingberg.de, ....
go ask some info at a local shop ore whatever. its not i'm mister now it all here, really NOT but just have some fun, you and youre pc... mayby blow some weed ... hehe

grtz
............ we all just love (mnml) sound design...........
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

Techelon wrote:people pleace, be inventive, try to do youre own thing, if the song says it have to be techno, let it be techno, if it says it have to be techhouse ore whatever, let it be what the feeling says, experiment with the synths it is Fucking fun MAN, i just do some with waldorf attack, halion, korg legacy a1 (cubase sx instrument- some freeware and so.. put some effects, let yourselves go, always the stupid questions, whats the best vst bla bla bla, if you like to learn, search the net some: tweakheadz.com, steingberg.de, ....
go ask some info at a local shop ore whatever. its not i'm mister now it all here, really NOT but just have some fun, you and youre pc... mayby blow some weed ... hehe

grtz
I agree If your synth gets boring throw some effect on and just start randomy turning knobs on your eefects and on your synth. fck the presets. Just turn knobs. Youll be very suprised at how randomnes can turn into something awesome.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

guys, a kick drum is just a big fat thud that provides the primary beat, theres an infinite number of ways to achieve that, no-one has the answer, and the kick has to be right for the tune,
just experiment, have fun, make your own drum sounds from synthesizers, dont even think in terms of drums at all, we're making electronic music, think waves, envelopes, resonance, modulation etc etc, leave the world of physical instruments behind and dont look back.
sis-x
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

minim(al)l the same

Post by sis-x »

I got it! If you want that (minimal) sound but don't feel like going through the years of experimentation and finding your own particular style THIS is what you need to do. Show up at the club with a laptop, stream one of the countless m_nus records mixes out there on the internet, BOB your head to the beat. DRESS GOOD IF YOU CAN HELP IT>
I mean do people who ask these questions read the other posts?? They always seem surprised that people are hesitant to explain to them how to be another cookie cutter artist that *IMO* is killing minimal techno.
OHH WELLL>>
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

I spend most of my music time making drums, its a bot of an obbsession tbh.............

My quality is still sh!t, but im getting better.

I think you get a crisper drum out of a wave editor, but i enjoy the control using a synth gives you.

Predator for percussion imo. Start from scratch. Endless fun.
A-Dreamer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by A-Dreamer »

while on the subject, any suggestions for cymbals ? packs or vst's, even tips on how to make them ? let's say oppinions, not tips
mindful matters
soundcloud.com/son-der