Sample cds

- ask away
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

livecollective wrote: sorry, your response shows me that you are actually informed. We must fight these mnml noobs from finding our packs... HAHAH
Sci Fi :mrgreen:
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

I have a HUGE sample library. I don't use the sounds to shape my tracks but when I have a track at 90 percent and I get stuck Ill look through all the samples I have collected and find something that I can fk with to get the track rollin again. I wouldn't make a track completely out of someone elses samples but tehre is nothing wrong with using them from time to time.

Say I want to have a nice guitar strum. I have samples of every chord and note strumed in different ways with an acoustic guitar. I can't afford an incredible microphone to record really nice guitar sounds and there aren't any vsts that can duplicate the real thing perfectly. So why the hell wouldn't I just use the samples and key them in just like a synth line?
Roqqert
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Roqqert »

i think you could earn LOTS of money if you release a minimal techno samplepack .. no sh!t :P
chucklechops
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by chucklechops »

Soniccouture Konkrete Drums 1 & 2 are outstanding. Better than NI Synthetic drums and the vengeance stuff IMHO.
http://www.soniccouture.com/pages/products.php
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

i like buying cheap drum machines and sampling myself... they always sound better... and along the way you find a few gems that you hold onto... but I know there are is a computer music issue with loads of "minimal house" samples...
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

Roqqert wrote:i think you could earn LOTS of money if you release a minimal techno samplepack .. no sht :P
cant be done. with minimal and techno its not what samples u use, its how u use them.
for exemple, i took a percussions loop for a samples cd which supposed to ment for soulful music. i put noise gate in the insert with very high treshold which leave me only with some of the purcussions (from a very full loop). so i now have a new loop that nobody can tell from which sample cd. i can export and slice the samples and build a new loop or just add a delay effect and adjust the rates. so now i have a cool techno loop from a heavy percussion loop that wasnt "ment" to be used in techno nor minimal.
so again, its not what u use, its how u use it.
Last edited by Stomper on Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roqqert
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Roqqert »

so ... you can combine.. even a sample pack can go in kontak2 or something like a : sampler. you rape the sample etc. and combine them

see it like lego :

when you rape (or not) and can't combine

or

when you rape (or not) and can combine

not everything has to be from an other source
skyk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by skyk »

Vengeance Minimal House

Vengeance Electro Essentials

=> http://vengeance-sound.de