Matthew Dear track in new Hummer commercial

- open
zirk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zirk »

and as H3 is the smallest of the hummers then we could just say it's minimal :wink: 8)
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

love that song, good for him. commerical was not that interesting, but whatever.
freeeeeee
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

How could anyone turn down that kind of cash? I am 100% against hummers as they're gas guzzlers but it would definitely be tempting. At whoever made the m-nus comment, I am sure they get offers for licensing but i don't really see the music being poppy enough for the bigger commercial products. Maybe it would be better for video games or something.
accdntly
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by accdntly »

chrisdisco wrote:mr dear's opinion on the matter:

Q:I noticed that you recently contributed a bit of “Don & Sherri” for a new Hummer commercial. Was there any hesitation when they approached you with that deal?

MD: No, not so much. There’s always a little bit of hesitation, but… Hummer at least has some creative ads. I wouldn’t sign up for a basic car company commercial. In other words, no, not as long as somebody is going to invest in the creative side of things and you know it’s not going to be your basic, run of the mill commercial. I was glad I could offer my end of the music.

Q: It’s hard to fault a company for wanting to put a good song into their commercial.

MD: Yeah, totally.

http://www.littlewhiteearbuds.com/matth ... ff-to-lwe/
im sorry but i dont see the creativity in a hummer rolling around in the desert or on big rocks. lame excuse. i don't think the commercial is ok. i do believe in being socially responsible and that hummers are unethical. money isn't everything.
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

accdntly wrote: im sorry but i dont see the creativity in a hummer rolling around in the desert or on big rocks. lame excuse. i don't think the commercial is ok. i do believe in being socially responsible and that hummers are unethical. money isn't everything.
Fair enough, but who are we to judge how one makes their money? Isn't that their own personal business? Not to pointing to you directly (or at all) on this, but I think the EDM scene as a whole has no right to judge MD on how he makes his money when the majority of the business is funded off of drug money and other illegal activities.
N - Jay
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by N - Jay »

[/quote]

im sorry but i dont see the creativity in a hummer rolling around in the desert or on big rocks. lame excuse. i don't think the commercial is ok. i do believe in being socially responsible and that hummers are unethical. money isn't everything.[/quote]

Well, if you were in his shoes and you'd see the money. I would also make something stupid up just to avoid the phrase
"Yeah, well... The money"
Mitchy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Mitchy »

Haha, found this link from that page on Youtube, the sarcasm is hilarious 8) 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWSwGbjNWM0&NR=1
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

Take the money. Absolutely no issues whatsoever.

Hummer isn't the one who's irresponsible here, nor is Matthew Dear. Hummer produces a product designed for something specific; an off-road vehicle w/ city capability.

It's the soccer moms and yuppies who never switch it into 4WD and will never need the off-road capabilities who ya'll should be yelling at. The fact that they drive these huge beasts around downtown Chicago to pick up Starbucks is what drives me nuts; not the fact that they have a LEGITIMATE use in the country. (And trust me, if you've ever been to the country, you'll see why there is a huge need for trucks like these.)