Final Scratch/Serato Scratch...Compatible with Vista?????

- ask away
iainlad
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Final Scratch/Serato Scratch...Compatible with Vista?????

Post by iainlad »

I recently (and stupidly) bought a laptop PC with Vista as the OS. Can anyone tell me if Serato, Final Scratch or any other programs of this nature are compatible with Vista?? Torq maybe??
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

visit the software's homepage and read under "requirements", the information is there
meteoro_808
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by meteoro_808 »

It is possible to use serato scratch in a vista pc and there is a vista driver provided by serato. However, there is a problem with it and everytime you disconnect the interface after using serato you get 'the blue screen of death' and have to reboot.

I used it in a couple of gigs and it worked fine but I somehow doubt how reliable/stable it is.

I managed to get the XP drivers for my laptop and installed XP on it, Maybe you should do the same?
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 58525 »

Torq is Vista compitable. I use a Powerbook, so I had never tried it. I just installed it though and Torq and the Connectiv interface installed just fine. My tables aren't near my PC, so I can't actually use vinyl controll to test it.

Not that this is a recommendation of Torq. :roll:
robert lowell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by robert lowell »

i have serato installed on a mac with bootcamp running vista. i don't normally use vista but i've tested it before and seemed to work fine. vista sucks bad. xp is so much more stable., get xp and switch over before you pile to many apps on there.
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

vista is not compatible with computers anyway
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

sorgenkind wrote:vista is not compatible with computers anyway
+1
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Macaque
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Macaque »

sorgenkind wrote:vista is not compatible with computers anyway
Vista won't run well on a older/slower machine with less RAM. If you have 1GB of RAM or more then Vista works fine. Yes, it takes more resources to run Vista, but today's computers are powerful enough to cope :wink:

There are no issues with the stability of Vista. It is at least as stable as XP. I've been using Traktor Scratch with Vista and it runs very well. Serato Scratch doesn't run so well but this may be fixed in the future.