Is there a Software to detect pitch \ bpm CHANGES in mp3's??

- ask away
dzan
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dzan »

motf_118 wrote:
SpacyX wrote:
dzan wrote:
livecollective wrote:from the very beginning of my djing career (how-ever shortlived) i was under the impression being able to count bpm was essential...practically the most essential tool to djing...
absolute nonsense.
Offcourse the music is the most essential to djing, but if it isnt matched to the next track itl be a huge turn down for me though !
dont think he was talking about beatmatching.
you don't need to know how much bpm a track has to match it with another track, i think there's no disagreement.
motf_118
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by motf_118 »

dzan wrote:
motf_118 wrote:
SpacyX wrote:
dzan wrote:
livecollective wrote:from the very beginning of my djing career (how-ever shortlived) i was under the impression being able to count bpm was essential...practically the most essential tool to djing...
absolute nonsense.
Offcourse the music is the most essential to djing, but if it isnt matched to the next track itl be a huge turn down for me though !
dont think he was talking about beatmatching.
you don't need to know how much bpm a track has to match it with another track, i think there's no disagreement.
yeah i was agreeing with you!
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 212121 »

I'm talking about changes! you can match a track in 128 bpm but if near the end the pitch changes\gets off beat you can't do anything! This is way i want to "scan" my mp3 files and see if they have the same bpm in all the track lenght
dzan
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dzan »

212121 wrote:I'm talking about changes! you can match a track in 128 bpm but if near the end the pitch changes\gets off beat you can't do anything! This is way i want to "scan" my mp3 files and see if they have the same bpm in all the track lenght
never mind.. i still hold that's a software "problem" and not the track itself.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

you actually count bpm? haha... thats too much dude... I mean... your not actually doing this? That would take way too long to match a track.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

uhm no, thats how i learned to beatmatch, takes counting for 10seconds... i just learned from watching people round town....and I dont really dj anymore...
dzan
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dzan »

livecollective wrote:...thats how i learned to beatmatch, takes counting for 10seconds...
that's the wrong way, dude.. i never heared about this method, really really strange for me.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

whatever is clever man, thankfully i dont really dj anymore, not enough for it to matter to me, nor has it been a problem...just going by what some local detroit homeboys showed me when i worked at a supply company. This was all a long long time ago :(....