Jay Haze interview

- open
Richard Brophy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Richard Brophy »

jeremy_a wrote:
Your feeling is 100% incorrect. The interview was transcribed verbatim so please keep your slurs to yourself.

So what exactly are you doing on mnml.nl then? Shouldn't you be in a record shop "discovering things by yourself"?
Jeremy, I reckon you're future RA editor material:)
A tiny entrance to a huge universe...
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

jeremy_a wrote:The interview was transcribed verbatim so please keep your slurs to yourself.

I never said they (misprinted) any words.. that is your own assumption..

I said the huge fonts were wack and that I dont visit that sight... [?]

he mentioned how the person who was giving the interview...had a few big sad stories ..

he also said he had no idea the questions... was actually what I was referring to.. as well as the HUGE font ..

thanks for asking..

Please if you can honestly/actually sit there and say...blowing up huge font.. size 70 to bring neg attention to something said is just (A-OK)...then their is really no point to any further conversation with you.. saying it was misprinted is something completely different..

Im sure the motive was for a marketing buzz (RA) ... regardless of how it made anyone else look or feel...

just my personal thoughts.. as far as being on mnml... it's the (one and only) mnml board I visit..

:D
peter glitch and crackle
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by peter glitch and crackle »

amen!
that ra interview was bullshit! blowing up huge fonts and such!
shady stunts. i myself found many quotes much more worthy in that interview than the negative ones to enlarge!

the one thing i notice in interviews is alot of times they miss the context.
this is an important part of it.
jeremy_a
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jeremy_a »

Jeremy, I reckon you're future RA editor material:)
Ha ha
complaints about formatting/size and tone of pullquotes, etc
Is this a negative quote?

""I don’t give a fck what about anybody has to say about my direction, or about me, because I know what I’m doing keeps me happy."

How about this one?

"I want a reputation based on quality. I want nothing to do with hype. I’ve never been hyped and I never will be. I’m not the kind of person for hype."

I think this one is quite sweet myself.

"It’s just I think Samim has got a bit of a Napoleon complex. I think he always has. But I love him."

:rolls eyes:

So...you must be talking about the two quotes from Jay that give his opinion about Minus and James Holden. They're negative, yes. So in total, you've got 2 1/2 negatives and 2 1/2 postives. Quite <i>balanced</i>, don't you think?

Isn't it ironic that if you read the interview, Jay's big beef was with people sugarcoating their opinions in the techno scene...and here you are expecting the editors of RA to smooth over what the artist really thinks or hide them away and highlight five "nice" quotes. You certainly did miss the point of what Jay said.

Conclusion: it would be a great little story if RA stitched up Jay Haze, but the truth is less interesting.
nubianmindz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nubianmindz »

very good interview and balanced journalism for once instead of blowing up one little thing he said and turning it into something far bigger or worse than the context it was meant in like some others have done in the past with Jay and other artists.

:roll:
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

Shadi Megallaa wrote:Cool interview with Jay.. Jay's the type of guy people love to hate for some reason.. but big up to Jay for standing for what he believes in and doesn't hesitate to speak his mind.. Stand up mofo in my eyes.. Big up Hizzle..
I agree entirely. It seems like every time I mention Jay in a positive way to anybody, I get this horrific response "WHAT? YOU LIKE HIM? HE'S MESSED UP"..

Im thinking... no more messed up than you buddy -- at least he doesn't focus on calling YOU messed up, which in retrospect, makes him far better off than you.

Anyway, I dig him, always have.. even after that "odd interview" and other stories I've heard. They are just stories and I consider most things BS until I find out for myself.

Bravo to him, and yeah -- get more experimental people!

x
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne
will kinsella
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by will kinsella »

I liked the Test interview. just read the RA interview too. didnt mind the disin but felt he was a bit me against the world, everybody hates me type sh!t. boohoo.

Fair play to 'm tho. he's done some cool sh!t.
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

Save the drama for yo momma... its pretty simple really... that Jeremy guy gives me a bad vibe... sh!t talking is fine and all but bad vibes thats a whole nother story... thats like crop circles.. you just can't describe it.