Alesis M1 Active MkII Monitors

- ask away
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

i have to say KRK (6's, not 8's I'm not as big on the 8's plus I sit like half a meter or so from the speakers)... price is good for the sound. Translation is really solid too - and thats what counts.
Dj360
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dj360 »

thanks you guys, if anyone wishes to share thoughts... please do!
Zoiberg
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zoiberg »

M1 Active MK2 are great monitors for their price.
Guess why they are still produced by alesis?

Some friends of mine use them and their mixes translate well to my Genelecs 8050.
Dj360
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dj360 »

thanks, i guess i`ll go with them, after all if there are flaws in this area the labes master the track in the end, not that this is to be taken for granted, i still want my tracks to sound as good as any other good productions,but i`ll use them at home, this is not a choice for a studio, thanks again! :D
Zoiberg
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zoiberg »

They may not be the best sounding speakers (bass is a bit boomy) but there are no real flaws.
nathan_fr
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nathan_fr »

alesis MK2 monitors are craps.

too much noisy bass, horrible.

Just go to a store , bring a cd with musics that you know well and ask a guy to switch between alesis and other stuff, you will be :shock:

Best are dynaudio BM serie I think, but a little expensive (better than genelec to me).

KRK's are good (I have , and I'd like to buy alesis before I heard the comparative) and not so expensive.

Adam's stuff is good also.

Best
Monotek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Monotek »

nathan_fr wrote:alesis MK2 monitors are craps.

too much noisy bass, horrible.

Just go to a store , bring a cd with musics that you know well and ask a guy to switch between alesis and other stuff, you will be :shock:

Best are dynaudio BM serie I think, but a little expensive (better than genelec to me).

KRK's are good (I have , and I'd like to buy alesis before I heard the comparative) and not so expensive.

Adam's stuff is good also.

Best
+1

go for dynaudio BM 5 or 6, active or passive(+ A1802 Audio Power Amplifier from Bozo, the yellow one)

and your problem is solved

cheers
Zoiberg
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zoiberg »

You can't compare cheap speakers like Alesis with stuff like Dynaudio, Genelec and Adam.

Anyway monitor speakers are a personal choice: my suggestion is to bring with you a cd with some of your mixes and choose the speakers that reveal more flaws in the mixing process.