serato/ NI traktor scratch/final scratch ???

- ask away
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

traktor scratch +1. Although I like Serato too, I just prefer TS because of the connection: less cables, better interface.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

i did find this on another forum :

buy some of these from maplin

plug them into the phono input (or line if you use CDs) on the mixer, then plug the turntable into the back of the stacking phono, and then the other end of the stacking phonos into the inputs on the serato box..
plug the outputs from the serato box into the line inputs on the mixer and thats it.

this then means you don't need to use the thru outputs on the serato box, and illiminates the need for external power supply, less cables easier setup / derig..

YAY!

(thanks to Marcus Intalex for this Tip)
Wich basically means there's only 2 cables to plug-in... 8) 8)
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
otomatix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by otomatix »

cool
I'll check my electronica store for that type of cable
thnx
N - Jay
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by N - Jay »

nihad wrote:just ordered traktor scratch, which is the best solution for me, played with serato previously at a couple of gigs, it's great, but only if you're happy with what it does ..

to answer your questions ..

Q: Can I still use my technics to spin normal vinyls without the computer on or without deconnecting the hardware?

A: With traktor Scratch you can, because of the cables that comes with em you don't have to have the interface connected or on at all, nor your computer with you, to play regular vinyl.

Q: Can I route the sound of the vinyl true the computer to add some effects?
And are these effects sync?

A: Yes you can, with Traktor Scratch, you can do it in different ways. You can have an insert effect on every deck inside the software, but you can also use two of the other inputs/outputs of the Audio 8 (interface) for send/returns or inserts, depending on your mixer. The send-effects will stay in sync if your latency is low enough ...

Don't forget that you can use the other two stereo ins and outs with ableton, mash out loops ets, on the same computer ... no hawtinish-doulbe-lappy setup here ..

IMHO Traktor Scratch is the best solution right now ... The big boys (hawtin & bug as i've hear of) are converting to it, so it's only a time before it becomes no1
So using a Redsound Soundbite (Cycloops) with Serato is the same as only using Traktor Scratch? Cause you can make loops & effects.
Cause I was planning this for my future setup.

I've read that Serato is very stable and not much cpu/mem consuming in comparison with Scratch, which has so they say, too much "things" you don't use.
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

I've read that Serato is very stable and not much cpu/mem consuming in comparison with Scratch.
This is true. TS uses more cpu power.

However my TS is very stable.
jason hill
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jason hill »

yep...true...ts is so stable...just bought it cauz i don't like serato's gui ...it seems to work perfectly...on the weekend i will test ts in the club and it will be the final feedback!!
jason hill
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jason hill »

However my TS is very stable.[/quote]

yep...true...ts is so stable...just bought it cauz i don't like serato's gui ...it seems to work perfectly...on the weekend i will test ts in the club and it will be the final feedback!!
otomatix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by otomatix »

I've heard some complaints about the stability of traktor scratch.
a friend uses it on a mac and had a few crashes.
You don't want this to happen when yor playin out