Post by ferd »

probably stolen by someone who thinks good music comes from a mixer
Kilevox
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Kilevox »

how stupid can people are to do something like that ??? :shock:

If I know who has it stolen....

....first I would take each knob of this mixer and push into his/her eyes :twisted:

.... then I would call Richie, and tell him that he can have it back but without any knobs!!
www.myspace.com/benryser
www.benryser.com

.... minimal is not a hype ....
derotter
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by derotter »

it's quite stupid, any doubt about that...but how is possible that nobody noticed the steal of the Xone 62 ??? :roll: I mean, this mixer is massive !!!
kwality
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kwality »

Has he looked behind the sofa? That's where I always seem to lose things. :lol:

Seriously though, that's a real shame someone was stupid enough to steal his mixer. Maybe it was Behringer, and they're gonna release a cheaper crappier version?
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

robert lowell wrote:adding mods to a a&h 62 seems fairly simple. nothing so custom it can't be replicated easily. they just added midi to control two laptops without a mouse from what it looks like, maybe added sends/returns if it didnt have them already. his dad's a electrical engineer and built it for him using the midibox.org/ucapps hardware, so really he's not out much. sentimental value of course & time spent building a new one. now if it was his custom rig he used for the plastikman show at mutek, thats a different story. that thing was a complete custom job probably took a half year or more to assemble/build. either way its a shitty thing to do to anyone.

I've had the opportunity to see Richie play up close only once. And better believe I was checkin out that mixer! One thing I did notice was a knob towards the top of the channel readouts that apparently turned on his special delay and then tweaked the timing the more he turned it to the right.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

kwality wrote:Has he looked behind the sofa? That's where I always seem to lose things. :lol:

Seriously though, that's a real shame someone was stupid enough to steal his mixer. Maybe it was Behringer, and they're gonna release a cheaper crappier version?
LOL nice one!!
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

derotter wrote:it's quite stupid, any doubt about that...but how is possible that nobody noticed the steal of the Xone 62 ??? :roll: I mean, this mixer is massive !!!
you'd be suprised how often gear gets stolen on events and even from clubs. It's all perception: if you see a guy walking through the back door with a flight case or you see guys loading gear in a truck, you will think "yeah, that's probably the guys from the PA". During the party, there's a lot of security around (but usually not on stage) but after or before the party, it's amazing how easily you can walk in and out the venue.

To give you a dumb example: a few years back I set a meeting with a friend of mine who had to work on I Love Techno. I just walked in to the hall at 18h00, walked back stage, got the recording equipment I needed to get from him, went back out and on my way out I asked a guy if he had a pass for me because "the boss" didn't get enough of them, and so I got a pass too :lol:
The point is: no one asked ID, or why I was there, I just walked in and wasn't stopped once... if I wanted I could have just taken one of the flight cases with mixers or players, walked out of there and no one would've known.

So, this Hawtin story doesn't come as a shocker really... there just are people who do stupid stuff like this. I guess the best thing for Hawtin is to check eBay...
Gareth_T
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Gareth_T »

Hmmmm.....