no unfound this month either?

- free art
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

_minimalnet_ wrote:I think simply by an error the domain has expired and in a few days will be online again.

Anyway I think that in these days there are an overdose of netlabels publishing minimal techno, there are more competition.

Unfound is a classic in this genre, perhaps the king of course, but if unfound wants to keep on being a top will have to provide more quality and this requires more time.

The minimal techno is reaching its limit, if the quality is not improved (in all the netlabels in general) this genre will end up dying.

I am not against of the minimal techno but in these days seems that everything can be published, and that is bad for the netlabels and for the dance music in general.
you pretty much summarized what happened with our domain name and what we think what our release schedule should be... it's true that we never made an official announcement that we decided to stop the monthly rhythm, but yes, it's a fact now! we have no intention of giving up on unfoundsound, and we have no intention of transforming it into a paying netlabel... we still strongly believe in this model of promotion for ermrging artists, and we just like it too much to give up on it! we've just add too much fun releasing all this fantastic music in the last three years... but yes, we felt that it was getting a bit too much to release something every month, so from now on, the unfound releases will show up at random times ;)

also: don't get mad, but pretty much for the same kind of reasons, there won't be a crazy long big insane compilation in november this year... I guess we won't celebrate unfound's third bday... but we're already working on the concept of the fourth bday celebration!!
_minimalnet_
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by _minimalnet_ »

I am happy you understand my explanation, for me it is difficult to explain in English and my message could be understood badly. I have not nothing against unfound :D
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

cyhl wrote: also: don't get mad, but pretty much for the same kind of reasons, there won't be a crazy long big insane compilation in november this year... I guess we won't celebrate unfound's third bday... but we're already working on the concept of the fourth bday celebration!!
how can i not get mad!! :evil:
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

tone-def wrote: how can i not get mad!! :evil:
coz you're a very cool person!!!!
;)

anyway, we managed to resurrect the unfound domain name!!!
http://www.unfoundsoundrecords.com
Cotumo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Cotumo »

thumbs up!!
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

cyhl wrote:it's true that we never made an official announcement that we decided to stop the monthly rhythm, but yes, it's a fact now!
also: don't get mad, but pretty much for the same kind of reasons, there won't be a crazy long big insane compilation in november this year... I guess we won't celebrate unfound's third bday...
That's bad news... understandable, but still bad :(
opus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by opus »

i wait the new unfound!! :)
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

opus wrote:i wait the new unfound!! :)
it will be there in a few weeks... it will be a follow-up to our "city series" ;)