[AFD002] Kornel Lemon / Ronald Christoph - Pluton / The Turn

- wax
Coyu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[AFD002] Kornel Lemon / Ronald Christoph - Pluton / The Turn

Post by Coyu »

Our debut release, AFD001, received great support and reviews, from Djs, press and public alike; “Abiss” by Alejandro Lopez, is being played by 2000 and One, Gregor Tresher, Angel Molina, Xpansul, Mathias Schaffhauser, Paul Mac, Djinxx, Tadeo amongst others; And James Venturi’s “Destroyed Beauty” quickly made it into Beatport’s Top 100 going all the way up to #49.

Our second release, AFD002, “Pluton/The Turn” arrives with plenty of anticipation. Those who have already previewed the release have coincided in that it will become one of the strongest releases of the end of this year. If you are one of those people who don’t trust press releases just take a listen and become convinced.

Atypical Farm Digital 002
Kornell Lemon / Ronald Christoph – Pluton / The Turn
Release Date: November 1st 2007

Kornel Lemon - Pluton

The first track on this release comes courtesy of Kornel Lemon (aka Cornell). Little is known about this producer other that he is from Ajka (Hungary), and that he is burst into the scene thanks to a couple of excellent productions that came out on Minimise, Donacha Costello’s label earlier this year. “Pluton” is a track that defines the sound of Atypical Farm. Powerful, sub-aquatic, obsessive, techno, constantly growing and evolving. This carefully crafted sound is reminiscent of the great masters of minimalism (see Mika Vainio, Robert Hood or Plastikman), yet it takes it further and revitalizes it. This is timeless techno that could have been easily played years ago, fits perfectly with today’s sound, and will still be fresh in the future.

Ronald Christoph – The Turn

The second track on this release belongs to Berlin based sound engineer and producer Ronald Christoph, recently in the spotlight thanks to one of the tracks of this fall-winter season, “(De Puta) Madre”, out Tigerskin’s Organic Domain label. “The Turn” follows a similar line of work, conserving the aggressiveness, sexual charge, y power present in Christoph’s work, and adding a bigger dose of groove. The spectacular way in which it develops, can deliver great sensations. “The Turn”, reminds us of a darker pissed-off Audion ready to kick some ass.

Samples: http://www.myspace.com/atypicalfarm

Our third digital release will come out in December07, and our first vinyl release will come out in January08.
ibbjamin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ibbjamin »

Liking the Kornel Lemon track - seems like something that will keep growing on you...
Coyu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coyu »

Glad you like it, ibbjamin. Thanks ;)
Coyu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coyu »

Some feedbacks: AFD002

Gregor Tresher (Great Stuff, Germany): Pluton is the one for me here, very diverse sounding, will play this one out! A very nice second release!

Mauro Picotto (Alchemy, Italy): Good stuff!

Mark Broom (Kings Of Snakes, UK): both tracks are very cool :)

Fabrice Lig (F-Communications, Belgium): Nice tracks, like both, Kornel Lemon is my favourite, nice techno track.

Sarah Goldfarb (Treibstoff, France): if the DJ play one of the both track at 6 o'clock in the morning, I think that I will take another pill more. both sides are interesting but my favorite is the kornel lemon version.

Paul Mac (Stimulus, France): Thanks for that digging the Kornel Lemon track.

Alex Attias (Planet E, Switzerland): AFD02 is a dope release. im feeling it and for sure i will play this in my sets. fonkee and bouncy. just the way i like it.

Marcel Janovski (Treibstoff, Germany): both side are cool. "The turn" is my fave having this cool fucked up drumloop - i love that kind of groove!

Chris Fortier (Fade Records, USA): these are great, i really, really like the kornel lemon track. great stuff.

Margaret Dygas (Contexterrior, Poland): this is a nice release, clean production and good sound but for me personally, is a little to "heavy" - i'm sure many people will find a place for it in their sets! is a good sound! :D

Denis Karimani aka Remute (Areal, Germany): the track by ronald christoph is very interesting... jackin' stuff! nice development and cool laser-sounds. :)

Arnaud Le Texier (Safari Electronique, France): I like the track from Ronald, the beat is really groovy with the bass housy and synth more techno give to it an actual sound !!! Bravo

Renato Figoli (Lo-Fi Stereo, Italy): I dowloaded that new EP and i like it, prefer AFD002A-KORNEL_LEMON-PLUTON320. so its nice stuff!

NDKJ (Maschine, Italy): I've to say that you've got a really cool sound selection,it's not the simple minimal sound that is in vogue at this time,is some hypnotic and melodic but straight at this time! I like much (and i'll use it for sure),Pluton of Kornel Lemon! But all tracks are good!

Luciano Esse (Safari Electronque, Italy): I really like them and I will play them for sure!!

Brian Ffar (Siteholder, USA): Kornel Lemon - Pluton: Very cool track. I like how it maintains energy while still remaining spacey. I will play this one; Ronald Christof - The Turn: Very nice, jackin' groove, and the bassline is massive! I will play this as well!

Patrick Lindsey (Terminal M, Germany): maybe I can play it this Weekend

Dietrich Schoenemann (Hidden Agenda, USA): Some slick tracks here.

Walter Ercolino (Meerestief, Germany): Like " The Turn"..cool stuff!!!!!

Franco Cangelli (Aesthetik, Belgium): The kornel lemon track is nice. I like the dark feeling of it, reminds of neil landstrumm productions

Genna Green aka Dirtybird (Klectik, USA): woooo that "turn" track is the hotness. i'll definitely rock that this weekend at the marco carola show......

Mauricio Lopes (Muller, Brazil): Liked it A LOT. Ronald christoph really worked. played it last weekend. definitely in the box. still have to try cornell..s. ;)

Dave Twomey (Samurai FM, Japan): Spacey lunacy. love it!"

Daniel.fx (Trenton, Germany): Like the second track. nice groove and very hypnotic. keep it up!

Tadeo (Cyclical Tracks, Spain): Me gusta mas la segunda referancia de tu sello, mucho mas que la primera. El track "the turn" es muy bueno, creo que es la bomba, genial para la pista.

Leandro Gámez (Circle Music, Spain): Me quedo con "Pluton" un tema soberbio que te transporta a mundos abstractos, lisérgicos. El tema en si es un puñetero tripi. Genial. 9/10

Swat-Squad (Pulsewith, Spain): puro techno mutante, los 2 cortes me gustan, especialmente the turn, oscuridad complicada, full support!
renato figoli
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by renato figoli »

Where did you take this feedback? it is fake
the third i found today...
Coyu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coyu »

Renato, I got the feedback from you or someone that sent it me writing a reply. If you want, I can tell you the day that you (or someone from your myspace... or a fake myspace) sent it me... I feel sorry man, but it's true! Try to write to myspace for close the fake myspace account.