Greetings from Open Records Australia

don't be shy. introduce yourself!
Suspekt
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Greetings from Open Records Australia

Post by Suspekt »

Hey guys,

My name is Jesse (aka Suspekt) and I am co-owner of new Australian minimal/techno/progressive/tribal/electro label Open Records. While Open Records is largely based from Australia, we have extended our representation to a number of global dance centres, including France, Greece, New Zealand, Spain & Israel. It is our sincere hope that Open can become a base for the strong talent that exists in the Australia scene, and at the same time draw the best of talent internationally to our shores.

We have a strong base of DJs in Australia as well, which includes talent like Gavin Martin, Paul Abad, Solatek, Woodsman, Drewan, Eegor, Motive & Suspekt, as well as a growing roster of artists including Antix, Bent Intent, Eegor, D-Sens, RPO, 2kings in Motion, Embark, Urban Monkeys & more... between us we keep the country covered!

While our earlier forays have been largely progressive focused, the past few years have seen us head more and more in minimal directions, which will culminate in our first dedicated minimal/techno CD release early next year as part of our new "Tech-Support" series. It will be a double CD with both mixed & unmixed cds available and will be put together by 2 of our tech-focused DJs, Solatek & Paul Abad (we also have another more prog/electro focused CD being released in early December called Festivus).

I'd never found this site before, great to be part of the community and look forward to communicating with you all in the future!

check out our myspace if you like www.myspace.com/openrecordsaustralia
our proper website is being reconstructed to time with our new releases, until then our myspace is best point of contact!

Respect from Jesse & the rest @ Open Records Australia
Immoral
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

SWEET

Post by Immoral »

Hey cool!
The worlds not upside down on this side of the Hem! haha

I didn't know that your label was Australian. VERY COOL.

If you ever need the best DJ in the world then I'm just across the ditch! WICKED!!

I say hi for Antix boys (on their behalf).. their studio is SICK! and there new tunes are SICKER, Hayden has been bitten by the minimal bug, like most of us.

Keep in touch, I know my sh!t... PEACE! from Aucks, New Zealand!!
"Techno is like a jungle, you never know what's going to be behind the next tree." - Jeff Mills
Suspekt
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Suspekt »

i think both barton & haydz were bitten by that bug a long time ago!!! Both those guys are a big part of what we do, they do our studio work for mastering as well as contribute tracks and general looseness :)

Yes, Open Records is firmly Australian, although we always aim for the international market as much as we do at home... thanks for the support!

We are looking to expand our dj team in '08, dont be shy... send us a demo!

:)
Immoral
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

PROPS!

Post by Immoral »

Aww nice one dude!!!
Love the work thats comming out of the label. Do you know if Bart and Haydez are back here after there tour? Haven't seen them in MONTHS!

Keep your eyes peeled for that demo man I'm gunna put it together this weekend.
Prepare to be blown away HAHA!!!!! There is a world of minimal that moves people so much for than the common electro and breaks our countries seem to love so much!! Don't get me wrong it's all special, well produced and interesting but after being around for the time it has been I'd expect alot of people are looking for somthing newish.

BIG UPS!

Immoral
"Techno is like a jungle, you never know what's going to be behind the next tree." - Jeff Mills