Gaiser

- ask away
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

s.k. wrote:
MarcAshken wrote:lol, am i the only one that really doesnt take life THAT seriously? :?
no, Marc you're not.

in fact i think we should stop with the 'lets be nicer' attitude. nicer to whom, to a bunch of ungrateful assholes that post once and never show up again? ppl gonna be afraid to post? what the fck man... this is one of the politest forums out there! matter of fact, its too polite! i stand on the opposite end and say: Lets be rude to them mofos, they way they are to us when asking this type of q's. bring back the fun, men..
+2 :D
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

Or create a sub-forum of locked threads with all the stupidest questions about minimal sh!t and whatnot.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

new year is due soon. mods could entertain us with a top chart! :P
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

how about just giving the people the answers if you have them, or keeping quiet if you have nothing nice to say. Is how my dad taught me to behave, its held me in good sted my whole life.
If people want to copy a bigger artist let them, thats how most people start out, before they find their own sound.
Many of my first releases I made attempting to copy a track that I liked. I never got it quite right tho and it always came out sounding like me. Its a great way to learn techniqes that later on you can adapt and put your own twist on to create something new.
Live an let live people, life is far to short to be arguing over somehting as pure and beautiful as music.
x
puReDLX
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by puReDLX »

i'm with you MarcAshken ;) i totally agree.
myspace.com/marceloelke
Frankfurt - Berlin - Bremen
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

right, nothing wrong with immitating, especially for beginners. but let me just say there is a difference between wanting to immitate a particular sound, effect or even a track, and wanting to copy a "Gaiser sound".

so yeah, what he could have done is:
upload a 10-15second sample of bass or whatever, then upload a 10-15second sample of his attempt to do it, and then asking people what they think he needs to do to get him closer.

this is much less disrespectful to the artist whos sound he's after, and also - much less disrespectful way to ask the same question without being flamed. i think if he had done it this way, he would've got only positive replies, both from ppl willing to help him, and such willing to learn.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

my point was that flaming is not constructive and only serves to stop people contributing to the forum and is possibly quite hurtfull to the person being flamed. It can be very damaging on a young developing mind. Need to stop and think about the consequences of our words on other people. You never know when the straw will break the camels back so to speak.
x
tristos
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tristos »

I will probably get slammed for this but......

i have been actively using this forum for the last threre months and have been enjoying many posts.....however....i become very offput when numerous wankers who reply to questions posted in the forum section, with stuck up wanky snide replys to people who just really wanna improve there production skills.

AS SOON AS a recognised artist(M Ashken) says live and let life you all aggree ....what a joke.

ashken is totally right!!!!...what is minimal ,what is house, what is techno..do what you want and help people along the way to find out!

work it out yourself and stop hanging about forums which you think maybe essential to your critieria.

i have spent years trying to perfect my production and i would offer every bit of advice i could to anybody who wants to listen

thats my 2 pence and i couldnt give a fcuk what people think this post is for all the poeple who ask a sensible question and always get a bollox answer on this forum