influence and history of techno music

- open
Bogdan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bogdan »

man i can't believe how you put things around here. Who the fck cares who said Techno the first time?? and if it was started in detroit or on fuckin' Mars??
There is so much great music that was made.. and so many great artists.. and you guys are just speaking about who said techno first?
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

Bogdan wrote:man i can't believe how you put things around here. Who the fck cares who said Techno the first time?? and if it was started in detroit or on fuckin' Mars??
There is so much great music that was made.. and so many great artists.. and you guys are just speaking about who said techno first?
thank you.
JCH wrote:Wrong, I knew a guy in Africa who started techno when he banged two sticks together 10000 years ago.
:D
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

Say what you want but the truth is Detroit created techno. It's not a secret. Of course it was influenced by house music, funk, Krafwerk, Italio Disco and all that sh!t but the truth is that even the word techno didn't exist in music till detroit. The difference between the detroit stuff and all the other genres at the time was that Detroit Techno is themed because it was purely about futurism. There is as much influence from the people i just mentioned as from Fritz Lang, George Orwell and Aldous Huxley. It's not just the music that made it techno, it was the mood. Yes it is simplistic to say that Juan Atkins invented techno but it's the truth because without Juan around to show all these people how to use those machines techno would have been a one man show. Saying techno came from Detroit is not an opinion, It's the truth. I know some of you may think thats a stuck up thing to say for a person that is from detroit, but i'm not saying it to discount all the things that are going on now because all of that is important too. Don't try to rob us of that history by trying to discount it, we really don't have anything left here to hold on to, we don't even make good cars anymore, all the factories moved to mexico and china.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

Torque wrote:we don't even make good cars anymore, all the factories moved to mexico and china.
Good. 'Cause acid used to come here from Detroit too. Acid rain, that is.
SLICES
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SLICES »

I don´t care who said Techno first or invented it. I just thought some people would be interested in some interesting facts, nothing else.
In the meaning of Techno today for sure Detroit was first ..........
Last edited by SLICES on Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

i do miss the days of seeing half eaten LTD's driving by
signatures suck
modelfruit
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: influence and history of techno music

Post by modelfruit »

yannick^ wrote:For example John Digweed ...minute 41-47 has some sounds my ears really like. Can anyone tell me the track names and references to move on.... The advice given above doesn't get me anywhere..... I don't even know those sounds are meant to be techno, house, or trance... So... I'm pretty much nowhere to discover new things, am I?
this sounds as though you're looking for a track id.
try posting that on a forum where you see posts about
digweed + they can tell you what track that is.
Last edited by modelfruit on Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
bleupulp
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bleupulp »

you should watch the movie : high tech soul

its hot