i need a minimal loops

- ask away
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

4am wrote:the whole reminds me a little like when in the end of the fifties begin sixties bebop was a music style exclusively for black people, when a white wanted to know how to achieve that sound they told him: you are far too white for this kind of music :wink:

ps: in that period i wasn't born, just studied this at school
and you have studied waaay too much music to make minimal :wink:
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

plaster wrote:i think they should be left un-asked in the first place. if someone is so smart to post them, well..we might aswell have a field day. it's win-win situation :D
yeah, u right
though this kind of posts r

TOOOOOOOOO SEXY to be ignored :lol: :lol: :lol:
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

I wanna make a webpage That I can direct people to that have asked a stupid question. When they click the link a page will pop up with big letters that says "If you are looking at this page you probably asked someone how to do something you could figure out how to do yourself. You are either too fuckin lazy to try or don't have enough talent to achieve your goal so quit asking stupid questions."

Or we could just link them to this topic every time.
http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... c&start=15
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

victorgonzales wrote:I wanna make a webpage That I can direct people to that have asked a stupid question. When they click the link a page will pop up with big letters that says "If you are looking at this page you probably asked someone how to do something you could figure out how to do yourself. You are either too fuckin lazy to try or don't have enough talent to achieve your goal so quit asking stupid questions."

Or we could just link them to this topic every time.
http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... c&start=15

hah, with a plugin that redirects to your website for threads which start like "how do you".
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

a VST plugin ;)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

So everybody here think that there arent loops for minimal?
are you realy saying that minimal drums have the same sound like trance or funky house? so diffrence is only in the tempo?

I just dont understand why ppl here always so negative. whats wrong with using loops? a bit of noise gate an some re-arrangement and u can get some nice result.
ksandvik
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ksandvik »

With today's production tools (Ableton Live, Reaktor, DestroyFX, Replicant et rest et rest) you could take any sample and make it sound very much different. So the borderline of making your own loops or purchasing/obtaining official loops gets more and more blurry.

I prefer to make my own loops, mostly so that I don't loose my keyboard playing abilities, and it's fun to work with 100% done by oneself. Anyway, just wanted to point out that you could use any loops, how to make the whole interesting and cool music is then up to you. The problem with pre-made loops is that they start to sound stale as many use them, you might even start hearing them in TV ads... --Kent
digital19
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by digital19 »

Gotta love it when you hear the Amen break in TV ads!

I think there are several different methods of making electronic music... I have always respected people like DJ Shadow and Luke Vibert who can graciously rip samples from vinyl and make it fit better in their songs than it did in the original... Ed Banger records/ Justice / Sebastian, etc. are definitely pushing that envelope now...

Loops are kind of like lifting from vinyl in my opinion, although it's given to you on a silver platter, so to speak..

Learning how to program a synth, and how to play a keyboard are different skills... though they augment a loop digger nicely.

I have room-mates who are great local musicians... they diss all electronic music. To them, if you don't know how to groove and improvise in every key you aren't a musician.

I think it's best to find what works for you, and not worry what people get hung up on..