minidiscs

- ask away
accdntly
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

minidiscs

Post by accdntly »

hi, does anyone still use minidiscs for field recordings? i was looking at a digital field recorder (m audio, edirol) but find them still quite expensive and to be something i could easily break. field recorders are very cheap though i know the mechanics could be a bit outdated. is the sound quality useable and is there anything else i should know?
thanks
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

im using a sony minidisc,im very satisfied with it. i never tried mobile recording devices, but they should be great too, try to get one that has an external mic input, so that you can connect other fancy mics.
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

i make some recordings with a minidisc, but even if it is at the moment not the priority i will probably upgrade sometime to another device with flash card. mainly for easy transfer and the better microphone and line input connections. prices are going down these times...
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

i replaced my minidisc and a sm58 with one of these. Complete overkill for field recordings but its cheap enough to justify it and im happy to say its the absloute bollocks. The mic on it is surprisingly high quality and with a 2gb card I can get over 2 hrs wav recorded. Think it only cost me £130 or so too.
x

http://www.roland.com/products/en/MICRO_BR/index.html
.kavo.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by .kavo. »

i wanna use my old but still well working sony minidisc for field recording also. don't wanna make another thread so i ask here, which microphone do you guys recommend to me?
"smokin' hydroponic"
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

.kavo. wrote:i wanna use my old but still well working sony minidisc for field recording also. don't wanna make another thread so i ask here, which microphone do you guys recommend to me?
my sony minidisc has only a line input (no mic), which model do you own?
.kavo.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by .kavo. »

4am wrote:. . which model do you own?
its this one:

here some add info i found:
http://www.minidisc.org/part_Sony_MZ-R70.html
http://techreport.com/articles.x/2389/1

-have you some skills with microphones ?
"smokin' hydroponic"
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

.kavo. wrote: have you some skills with microphones ?
not especially...
i know some friends of mine got good results with this one
Sony ECM DS70P