SHOW YOUR STUDIO

- ask away
Drake44444
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Drake44444 »

ao wrote:Drake44444 -- how do you like the Zero4 mixer? How do the efx sound?

And to stay on topic, here's my mini-studio while I was living in France:

I really like the Zero 4. Its my first real mixer, so its awesome. I have some complaints, but I feel like everyone is giving the Korgs too hard of time. It solves the soundcard problems, and was so easy to set up and get to work.

I really like some of the effects as well. I actually got it, planning to use it primarily for midi and mix within ableton, but as soon as I got to work on it, I scratched that idea and mix 4 channels directly into the 4 channels of the korg (the zero's and cueing within ableton are kind of screwy). I like the EQ's a lot, easy to adjust the fader curves on the mixer.

And having the options of switching between audio, midi/audio, and midi is really great.

My major complaints are:

1) slight audio dropout/crack whens switching between the aforementioned modes

2) really low volume on the headphones monitor even when turned up all the way

Hmm, and thats pretty much it for now. I had a lot more but the more I am using this thing the more I am liking it.

Here is what I said somewhere else when discussing it:
I actually am using them all in audio mode- for now. What do you think about the crack? I hear it, but sometimes I can't tell if it is just me anticipating it and making it out to be far worse than it is or what. Ideally I would like to switch between audio and midi/audio, but that crack is too much I think. So for now I am using my BCR as a midi controller. I have a special keyboard for mouseless browsing so I am ok for triggering clips. But like you said, I got this too because 1) I din't have a soundcard 2) I can use it as a midi controller/soundcard and also use a DJ mixer if necessary (my new roomate has a DJM 800) and 3) I won't be locked in. I have found in the past two months I have been changing things up constantly. In fact, it is fun for me to change my set up. Its kind of like a big puzzle that never ends, and this controller offers the most while allowing a huge range from being a professional mixer, to a midi controller to everything in between.

I am still working out some problems like syncing the tempo, and the master volume, but for now I have found setting it up to be incredibly smooth for me who really knew nothing about using something that was not just a midi controller previously.
eryx666
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eryx666 »

4 ao: nice banana design :lol: [/b]
ao
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ao »

Drake44444 -- thanks for your thoughts on the Zero4; I was curious b/c I have a Nuo4 which has midi options, but no efx.

eryx666 -- I turn to "still life" when looking for inspiration since I didn't have a window in that room ;)
Drake44444
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Drake44444 »

ao wrote:Drake44444 -- thanks for your thoughts on the Zero4; I was curious b/c I have a Nuo4 which has midi options, but no efx.

eryx666 -- I turn to "still life" when looking for inspiration since I didn't have a window in that room ;)
Yeah I had a look at that a little bit ago, and it seems it has some nice features.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Much, much respect to all of you.. I will be looking forward to the day I can add my picture here.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »