mnml newbie

Post by Somatose »

Not to you.
U Dub
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Dubstep and techno?!

Post by U Dub »

D-vinyl wrote:there is an increasing relationship betwen the two. 4:20 and leftroom have both released dubstep remixes now im wondering wot ppl think about this
personally i love dubstep. i think techno and dubstep definatly can b fused and theres a future for it
My first post on this forum, but not without reason. I host a dubstep show on Lijn5.com and I have seen the music develop over time in different directions. There is a strong undercurrent of producers that get picked up by minimal artists, and that produce such minimalistic and spartan dubstep to be of interest of visitors of this forum (e.g. Kode9, Pinch, Cyrus, Distance, Shackleton).

Together with club 11 Viral Radio is organising the first dubstep night that investigates this relationship, bringing producers from London and Bristol that create bass-laden voids. High profile producers like Pinch, Cyrus and Kromestar will be present on this night. Expect more information to surface soon. You might want to check out some of the Viral Radio sets online, or lock on to the next one with sets by such DJs as aforementioned.

As Kromestar put it on our last show: "Big up my minimal heads!"

U Dub
Viral Radio
23-12 Sonic Warfare 1 Year Birthday Bash @ Melkweg
roebin de freitas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by roebin de freitas »

give me the ravey sound of vex'd anyday!
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

As far as I heard from a local dubstep dj (and being an admirer of it a bit) apparently its all the rage in dubstep to have a 4x4 going along with it... who knows, I have a couple eps that have some dubstep with a 4x4... if you could call it dubstep...
U Dub
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by U Dub »

livecollective wrote:As far as I heard from a local dubstep dj (and being an admirer of it a bit) apparently its all the rage in dubstep to have a 4x4 going along with it... who knows, I have a couple eps that have some dubstep with a 4x4... if you could call it dubstep...
Dubstep is just a word people started using in the beginning, but the sound has evolved into a myriad of sounds. So I would say anything that is around 140 BPM and has a solid low end can be considered dubstep.
23-12 Sonic Warfare 1 Year Birthday Bash @ Melkweg