Relocating to London!

- open
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Relocating to London!

Post by Daemonix »

Hello!
Im going to be in london from now on as a PG student at the Imperial College ... Anyone willing to help me "learn" the basics (about places and areas :P ).
I dont think that other imperial pg students will have the time to party.. so Ill need to find a good company coz I dont like to became a vegetable!!!

Thnx
Tasos
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

No one around to give me some info!! :(
katie_m
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by katie_m »

geia sou Taso!
i will give u infos...i stayed for 9months there..due to musik n studies as well at westminster...so nites to look out for are:
like that, minimal hospital, multivitamins when they take place, secret sundayz, sud electronic, ping pong parties, tbar is a great place to hang out(bethnal green road), the area of shoreditch is where most of the good places r gathered to go out bars n stuff, old street etc....fridays at cafe 1001 at bricklane where some friends play minimal blah blah blah...fabric good place to be as usual if u like big club style...10th november there is a good party by minimal hospital at unit 7 cable studios with ryan crosson,hearthrob...and next week 28-29th i totally advise u to go to Tbar where Miss Fitz and Frederico Molinari play along with Dorian that runs Raum records. Tbar opens early in the evening n closes at 2. sunday Miss Fitz will b playing at the after at Aquarium on Old street...a pretty weird place, but it can b fun n listen to really good musik.hangin out there u will meet ppl for sure...good luck!
The_Glass_Olive
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The_Glass_Olive »

katies got it covered mainly. Just get off the tube at liverpool street and walk around looking at flyers and stuff, specially around tbar, curtain road, commercial road, brick lane, theres lots happening.
PERV
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by PERV »

54 - Shoreditch
- Dingy 'minimal' nightclub, busy after-party
Cafe 1001 - Brick Lane
- A unique cafe/bar/club - good for comedowns
The Cross - Kings Cross
- Reminds me of Miami (1yr until closing - make the most of it)
Egg - Kings Cross
- This club/maze has 3 floors including a loft at the top (very nice) plus an outdoor terrace. Always gets messy!
Fabric - Farringdon
- London's super-club, very popular
Mulletover - Anywhere
- **Secret** warehouse parties (favorite)
Sosho - Old Street
- Best Sunday night in London playing 'wonky' techno
T-Bar - Shoreditch
- The best place for music and free entry (recommended)
Turnmills - Farringdon
- The "slag" of nightclubs - always get satisfied with many big names

i would have to agree that its all about shoredith at the minute, get to know the area and then you can't go wrong
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

1000 thnx to all of u!

katie thnx thnx
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

Another Q!

Anyone from a "small time" DJ group? I think that in a month or two I could manage to have free time for some fun! (Its not the money I look for... its only for fun)

Or if its easier (I dont know how thinks work in uk) where can I find sites or emails of ppl that "promote" (I dont know if its the correct word) djs and parties....

Thnx
Tasos
plastik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by plastik »

Daemonix wrote:
Or if its easier (I dont know how thinks work in uk) where can I find sites or emails of ppl that "promote" (I dont know if its the correct word) djs and parties....
when you walk out old street tube station (going towards hoxton), take a look around at what's on the walls. or, while browsing through shops and record stores in soho or shoreditch, pick up the most fliers you find on the ground (usually near the entrance door). it's worth visiting record stores such as phonica (51 poland street - by the way, the owner is Richie's good friend if that may help). you'll get infos about promoters there.