[Minimood] Fusiphorm - Green Chocolate EP (incl. Koljah rmx)

- wax
teclectic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[Minimood] Fusiphorm - Green Chocolate EP (incl. Koljah rmx)

Post by teclectic »

soon on
MINIMOOD

Artist: Fusiphorm
Title:Green Chocolate EP
Label: Minimood Records
Format: Vinyl 12”
Cat.No.: minimood001
Releasedate: October 2007

Tracks:
a1 Green Chocolate
b1 Mister Blue
b2 Green Chocolate (Koljah's exploding cake remix)

Check the tracks here: www.myspace.com/minimoodrecords

The new Lausanne / Berlin based avant-garde label MINIMOOD releases a stunning debut 001 featuring foundsound co-head FUSIPHORM and vidab's KOLJAH. The GREEN CHOCOLATE EP unleashes a high-quality triple serving of dextrous and sophisticated minimal click alchemy.

FUSIPHORM's a1 'green chocolate' lays down an early solid foundation by intertwining a pulsating bassline with minimal chipped beats to create a driving shuffling rhythm. As the suspense builds up, the track suddenly explodes into a grizzling, throbbing dance floor monster. Huge. Intergalactic in fact!

With 'mister blue' on b1, FUSIPHORM moves into deeper territory as he takes you on a journey through a bubbling industrial post-digital landscape. Chopped percussive slices and syncopated skittering hats bounce off undeniable underbeats, which together form an alchemic partnership with the haunting, insistent melody. The industrial glitches seamlessly give way to a warped new world blend of dubbed out bells and echoing wood blocks. Moody, dextrous and quite simply, unavoidable!

KOLJAH really gets down to business on b2 with his exploding cake recipe for how to make cake from green chocolate. The track kicks in immediately with a hypnotic groove combining some of the more abstract themes from the original with some more saturated filtered elements hand picked from the old school. KOLJAH then sprinkles on metallic synth stabs,echoing whooshes and filtered beats, which skip, swing and spin together to create this yummy hypnotic dance floor chugger. A 'how to make the crowd scream at primetime'-tool! Essential!
m.g.
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by m.g. »

no comments ? huh

Koljah's remix is a killer ! Drilling a big hole in my head :D
Robert Mallante
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Robert Mallante »

Indeed koljah remix is very nice :) good1
malle eppie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by malle eppie »

8)
ferd
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ferd »

good release...didnt like Fusiphorm previous releases, but this one and the househunting EP (gousehound) are very nice, i'll probably buy them both :)

Great stuff :)
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

hey guys, thanks for the comments!! I've been playing green chocolate in my live pa for a few months now, and I can insure you people on the dancefloor like it ;)

as for mister blue, mister blue is the name of the parrot of my last roommate in the us, before I moved back to france... all the samples are noises he was making!
lebus44
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lebus44 »

Kolja .. huge sound !
bum-tak
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bum-tak »

just bought it at beatport.....

all this talk about the kolja remix??!! WTF

i mean its a nice track and all that but its about time to give mad props to fusiphorm :twisted:

2 absolutely sick tracks..

thanks a lot