.EXQUISITE CORPSE. INTERNATIONAL MIX PROJECT!!!!

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

audiophile
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by audiophile »

harass wrote:o god, if you're serious about this, and it's done in a professional manner ... I’ll add -- i pity the person who has to upload the whole set at the end though

EDIT***
you're going to need to plan everything out more.. Thinking about it, you need to get a website up first, and a database working.. then you need to get a list of people interested and have a bidding system so people can bid on when they want to add their tracks.

don't rush in just yet
i feel you completely...I'm in the midst of plotting this a little better...as far as bidding, I have no problem with multiple participants using the source file and coming back with variations of the mix....

but seriously, I hear your concerns....

and, you can upload while you sleep!!!
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

audiophile wrote:
harass wrote:o god, if you're serious about this, and it's done in a professional manner ... I’ll add -- i pity the person who has to upload the whole set at the end though

EDIT***
you're going to need to plan everything out more.. Thinking about it, you need to get a website up first, and a database working.. then you need to get a list of people interested and have a bidding system so people can bid on when they want to add their tracks.

don't rush in just yet
i feel you completely...I'm in the midst of plotting this a little better...as far as bidding, I have no problem with multiple participants using the source file and coming back with variations of the mix....

So the end result would look more like a family tree? You’re going to need heaps of space for this dude…

I would suggest, write out a proposal, with your idea.. how it’s going to work and if any websites with enough space can support you. Then you can present that to artists and such for their input.. having it just for mnml would be sweet though..

i would suggest keeping it small to start with though, just make it one mix.. then if that works out.. think bigger.
audiophile
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by audiophile »

harass wrote:
audiophile wrote:

EDIT***

don't rush in just yet

So the end result would look more like a family tree? You’re going to need heaps of space for this dude…

I would suggest, write out a proposal, with your idea.. how it’s going to work and if any websites with enough space can support you. Then you can present that to artists and such for their input.. having it just for mnml would be sweet though..

i would suggest keeping it small to start with though, just make it one mix.. then if that works out.. think bigger.
well, here's what I was thinking...

I posted a two track mix above...which I'm hosting on my site...

whoever wants to or whoever can participate, downloads the 2 tracker, mixes his/her two records @ the end of my set(the second track always playing out) and rehosts the updated version on their OWN piece of the web...(these days, most DJ's/producers DO!)

the minimal forum would be used meerly as a point of reference...like "OK everyone, I just updated this mix with two of my records, whoever wants next, can download it @ the following URL"....

and so on, and so on....

I wasn't expecting a THRONG of people, so the first one will be a test run...we'll see, but I'm confident it could work....
Conquest Inc.
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Conquest Inc. »

This sounds like a great idea.

I see one problem that could arise from this

everytime someone burns a copy, runs it through their mixer and records it, it will degrade the sound quality. Unless that is an aspect that you think will make the mix better.
audiophile
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by audiophile »

Conquest Inc. wrote:This sounds like a great idea.

I see one problem that could arise from this

everytime someone burns a copy, runs it through their mixer and records it, it will degrade the sound quality. Unless that is an aspect that you think will make the mix better.
no doubt...
was thinking this as well... suppose there's still REALLY only one way to see...

well, again, thats the beauty of the idea...we'll give it a test run, and see accordingly if it will require a standardized format. For example, 3 or 4 DJ's per Corpse, to minimize the re-use and subsequent degredation of the recording. So each indidual goes 6 records a piece as opposed to 2...

Let the first one above serve meerly as a learning tool then, without expecting any serious results, for now...at least this way...we'll have a better or more concise idea as to HOW MANY people can participate in one given project..

So, that said......

www.thesoulthatcreates.com/corpses/exquisite.mp3

any takers???

the sooner, the better....so we can refine it right away.[/code]
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

i think it's a cool idea. i'll put it in my final scratch, so the quality won't degrade ;)

so how many tracks are we supposed to put in now?
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

i will later today, just have to set my computer up to record
audiophile
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by audiophile »

f3d4r wrote:i think it's a cool idea. i'll put it in my final scratch, so the quality won't degrade ;)

so how many tracks are we supposed to put in now?
this is a test-run.....so only 2, please....

and MAKE SURE to let the 2nd second record you mix play completely out...
Last edited by audiophile on Wed May 04, 2005 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.