Finding a job in Barcelona

- open
jspr
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by jspr »

4am wrote:did you already try temporary job agencies for the job you have learned?
Yes and no. I'm a chemist and for that I need to speak good Spanish. It takes time to learn the language, and in the mean time I will do whatever job (I have my limits with that) I can take to get money.
Celltek wrote:[...]
Thanx!
soapz wrote:yo Jspr, I was also looking at moving to Barcelona. I fell in love with the city last time I was there. You looking at renting? If so what kind of price have you been looking at? Everything I have seen has been out of reach.
If you want to live in the centre of Bcn you pay at least €650-€700 for a (small +/-30-40m2) apartment. Bcn is a big city (a metropolis) and big cities are expensive. You can try to find something far from the centre, but for that I wouldn't go there. What you save in rent you have to pay in transportation ;)
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by soapz »

Thats alright though really. I was in a 40m2 room for 10 days in Bcn and there were 4 of us sharing. So easily enough room for 2 people to share and half the cost.

Ooh just need english speaking job over there now. Our schools never really pushed languages! :oops:
jspr
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by jspr »

10 days in a 40m2 room with 4 people is okay, but several months?

Good luck finding your privacy :?
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by soapz »

jspr wrote:10 days in a 40m2 room with 4 people is okay, but several months?

Good luck finding your privacy :?
No I meant with 2 people would be ok for few months. Yeh 4 people is only ok for short stay I agree! Would quickly result in insanity Im sure!