Trojan Tj/Bz in my house..

- open
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Michael^Heaven »

john clees wrote:if you have window's xp....

I once had a virus hid in the SYSTEM RESTORE....

therefore..turn it off..* START / HELP & SUPPORT / SYSTEM RESTORE

it will dump/delete the memory/information..and perhaps that is the case here...

I then installed norton 10 ...ran a scan and it deleted/removed it..

hope this helps..
If you choose the system restore option, won't you lose all of your memory? ie: all of your information.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

no. I've never had it turned on in the first place.

eats up resources and whatnot. Theres a LOT in xp u can just shut.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Monotek wrote:and by the way congratulations on your 1000th post! ;)
:) - thanks / let me know if you have a setup file to norton..
Michael^Heaven wrote:
john clees wrote:if you have window's xp....

I once had a virus hid in the SYSTEM RESTORE....

therefore..turn it off..* START / HELP & SUPPORT / SYSTEM RESTORE

it will dump/delete the memory/information..and perhaps that is the case here...

I then installed norton 10 ...ran a scan and it deleted/removed it..

hope this helps..
If you choose the system restore option, won't you lose all of your memory? ie: all of your information.
no... not all of your memory..

It reserves data and the option to start your computer from that date.. and therefore data it had on that day say before you got a virus ..

its a good option to have.. it saved me more than a few times...

* HOWEVER from what I hear... its also a target for a virus to hid.. I've had mine off for about a year and I've had no issues ..

perhaps EVEN MORE when I had it on..

it uses resources and space but you can adjust how much... most computers save a certain amount of space anyways... plus its terrible to run your hard drive past 80 % of your drive.. and/or for me anyways I keep mine near 50% for optimum performance..

If you turn it on...you can open your computer from a previous date... however I (think) you have to turn it on.....

if you already have it on... then shutting it off - yes... you would lose information or the ability to start you computer from a previous date.

it's kinda tricky what is saved and not saved ...when you use system restore.. perhaps read in the help and support.. I would hate to mislead you in anyway..

in his situation.....he would turn it off... delete the old info/virus..../ run norton 10 remove the trojan / then just turn it back on again.. creating a new start point and the option to go back again but removing the OLD information which carried the virus.. :)