Problem with Rex files in Kontakt through Cubase.

- ask away
acos1
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Problem with Rex files in Kontakt through Cubase.

Post by acos1 »

Hey all,

I was wondering could u help me. It may be a small issue im overlooking but i cant get Kontakt to recognise Rex files in Cubase. If i use kontakt on its own (i.e open it by itself without using it through Cubase) it recognise's rex files. Meaning it plays them, tells u the tempo, allows u to play each individual segment on the keyboard. It also has the little rex symbol on the instrument used to play it.
But when i use Kontakt through Cubase it wont recognise them? It recognise's all the other files types grand, wav's etc but just not rex files.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please?. Would be much appreciated as it would save me the hassle of installing Reason for the sake of one rex file. Cheers!.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

sounds very strange, can u make a print screen?
[/list]
acos1
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by acos1 »

As you can see it works fine when used on its own. It recognises the rex, it tells u the bpm and shows u the rex symbol etc and plays it. (altough im not playing it in the picture)

Where as here it wont recognise it at all. Also note it says "New" where it should display the rex symbol. Any ideas?

New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

according to the picture you dont have anything mapped on the keyboard, because they keys are all white, and the are no samples purged.

did you try dragging the rex file to the mapping surface?