Richie goes green

- open
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

pre-amp tango wrote:my opinion about doing "good things" is: just do it, don't talk about it. if you need to talk about it in order to do some positive marketing, you don't do it from your heart and with deep conviction.
I totally disagree. If everyone sat on their ass and just "did the right thing," who would educate all the retards out there who think it's okay to drive Hummers or dispose of hazardous chemicals improperly?

You're entitled to your opinion but don't forget how influential Richie is. What he said in that interview is right on the money:

People actually do pay attention to what their favorite artist does and says. He may not be your favorite, but he's many others' favorite. If he's trying to be more environmentally conscious, there are legions of ravers that might just start being more self-aware because of it. I think that's a good thing.

How you could put a spin on it to be anything more complicated than this is beyond me.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

vrejulf wrote:That doesn't mean we should make a poll on mnml about how many light-bulbs we are turning off per day .
haha..

hey their are 10,000 mnml memebers... if we all chipped in.. and paid a 1$ or 2$.. we could pool enough for everyone's favorite dj...
vrejulf wrote: to recycle my paper,plastic & glass consumption .
!
that is another topic that could be debated..

I've heard a few times from different people that to recycle.... it actually uses more energy to process and recycle... than if we didn't..
punchi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by punchi »

Mmm...so what's wrong about this again? Economic interest or not...he is doing something for the environment.
Bogdan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bogdan »

JackNine wrote: People actually do pay attention to what their favorite artist does and says.
looks like everybody forgot about the main thing in all of this: the music.
the artist supposed to be just an implement for layering the sounds, the music, the feel etc. you know that old fashioned (i guess) theory behing UR or Kraftwerk...
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

Superstars. Megastars. Popstars. Stars.

if the audiance wouldnt want this no one would be doing it...