New to the forum and new to producing

- ask away
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

I would recomend using a diferent program. To each his own but I find reason to be a dead end.

I have tried them all I find cubase to be the best for me and most people I talk to. Ableton live is another really good one.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

ableton needs an improvement in the layout. dual screen, a mixer page, better midi.
I think this will all happen in the near future.
Drake44444
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Drake44444 »

if you decide to get ableton, make sure to get the free lite version somehow first and then have a cheaper upgrade to the full version

(the lite version comes with a lot of midi controllers and stuff so people have it who don't need it)
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

victorgonzales wrote:To each his own but I find reason to be a dead end.
Why?
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

aallvor wrote:
victorgonzales wrote:To each his own but I find reason to be a dead end.
Why?
well I guess its just because I prefer the openess of cubase for vsts

I know you can make all the same stuff in reason but I find it much easier to use a vst plugin that I know will do what I want than putting all the time into getting reason to do it. If im gonna use reason Ill rewire it into cubase but I just don't see it as efficient for doing EVERYTHING.
glasser
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

reason

Post by glasser »

I was hard on reason after using it for a couple of years just because it took an extra couple of steps to import audio (via recycle) it doesn't have the flexibility that Live has in that respect. But I still prefer sequencing in reason, I can layout a beat in redrum a lot faster than using a piano roll to punch in notes. I often export reason tracks to Live and Logic. Point being, it is not exclusively a 'beginners' program (although a great place to start), I still find it in indispensable to my productions. I once read that a studio owner should never abandon any of his/her equipment because every piece has something unique to offer. Therefore, it's never a waste of time to learn how to use any program or hardware. Relax! And dive right in.