Richie goes green

- open
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

s.k. wrote:
pizzamon wrote:It's an excuse to go mp3 on us. No more vinyl's. I haven't bought anything from him since consumed anyway.
exactly. i wouldnt be surprised if it turns up he has shares in beatport. like he did have in final scratch... someone's gotta pay for the ubercoolische appartment in berlin, what do you know..
even if he does, whats the problem in it?
pre-amp tango
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pre-amp tango »

sry, i was referring to the written statement that emerged a couple of weeks ago, not the video interview. haven't even bothered to watch it as m_nus/beatport etc. is of no interest to me at all. i don't have a problem with mr. hawtin being a successful businessman. i just think if someone's running a business and then goes "treehugger", and then uses this for marketing, there must be a sort of plan behind it. i absolutely agree with pizzamon, not s.k. though.

thank god everyone's still entitled to their own opinion :)

--------------------------
"intelligence is the only thing that's been evenly distributed across all mankind - everyone thinks they got enough of it."
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

i agree with pizzamon too about the mp3 thing, my question was about the statement s.k. did.
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

That "vinyl hurts the environment" bullshit is really getting on my nerves lately. Book on transatlantic flight, you waste more oil than you could posssibly ever buy in vinyl in your whole damn life. The world really has bigger problems than pressing and selling records.

Flight emission reduction is an important thing though.
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

Wouldn't traveling with the weight of vinyl consume more energy than traveling with a laptop? The environmental issue is that it has to be transported all over the place to reach you, and then you have to transport it everywhere you go. The same can obviously be said about the alternative mediums, but the weight issue is simply no contest. Considering that most driving is done alone and flights are well filled so the airline can maximize profit over costs, flying often puts out less CO2 into the air.

Whether hawtin is financially involved in beatport does not matter. There are other online download retailers
freeeeeee
vrejulf
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by vrejulf »

john clees wrote:
vrejulf wrote:anyway , what a fruit .
think of the money stashed in the background .
it makes me sick.
what makes you sick...[?]

the fact that he is successful.. or the fact that he is doing something ahead of everyone else.. just think if he never was accomplished who else would everyone hate on...who.. ?
1. hate is a big word , i don't hate him and nobody here doesn't , i just don't agree whit the latest
twists and turns . richie is not the same as he used to be . normaly things tend to evolve in a good
way not along with private busses , environmental friendly attitude and boring releases .

2. he's not ahead of anybody !!! there were some 20 important figures in the past 2
decades who took the same path to deliverance ! and none of them "delivered" :lol:
the man was saying to the entire world he was having a baby..and that it put him in a situation to really think about the future...
pfff... yeah right !

i'm not saying he's in it for the money ! but you have to admit that he tends to a high position
in a fresh & volatile money making business. anyway , you draw the conclusions .
He can do whatever he wants with his career and his music , but i feel somehow
dissapointed to se you mnml guys on this forum excited by his every movement .

There used to be intelligence behind the music.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

all i wanted to say was that this guy has already contributed a lot to vinyl supposedly dying. what i said before would just cement his position as a vynil killer, if true ofcourse.
Bogdan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bogdan »

i've got that e-mail from m-nus about the environmental issue, and i was a little disappointed by reading that. If they really want to do something for the environment, why not investing some moneys from their famous marketing into some green organisations, some non governamental organisations ?
I agree about the CO2 issue, but after that coming and saying about cds, vinyl and how beatport is saving us, is just........
New Guy wrote:people people, lets not forget that music is still a business
music became a business because of these marketing moves that they are doing.. music wouldn't suppose to be a business!! i see more and more people just accepting that.