Detroit Rock City represent....

don't be shy. introduce yourself!
keithkemp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Detroit Rock City represent....

Post by keithkemp »

hey all...
stumbled across this board recently, recognize a few names/handles....hoping to meet some like-minded individuals and share some of my music with everyone!
so a bit about me musically:
DJ/Producer are some standard words-10 years behind the decks here in the D.....connecting dots between Industrial to Techno.
Been collecting records for almost 15 years-peep me on discogs under the username kemp. I Record for: Out of The Box, Ferrispark, Blazaebla, Fric:n:Frac, Beretta Grey, Nightlight Music, Archipel, Faux....been in URB's Next 100 (2002) and played the Detroit Electronic Music Festival (#3-2002).
My DJ travels have taken me to Seattle, Memphis, Milwaukee, Omaha, Chicago and of course Ohio and Windsor.
no faking the funk here: i've played the dirties rave parties in Detroit and held it down at the Motor when the scene shifted to clubs.....
Ran Record Time Distribution after putting in 4 years of time in the Dance Room under the tutelage of Mike Huckaby..
helped Dan Bell run 7th City until we closed its doors :( Collecting gear since 1992, so i've put in my time with 2-line LCD screens and making keygroups with samplers.
Not partial to any crew or promoter in Detroit, I'm pretty much friends with everyone and have played for most. My record collection is extensive and i continue to dig for vinyl every week...i'm a pretty big computer nerd and gear head. Hit me up with questions, i'm always available thru AIM:
twilightclone. 2005 should be a good year for me as i have no less than 5 new projects about to be finalized...i have a MIDI studio as well as a Mac & PC......Ableton Live has changed my life!
my goal here is to meet more people from around the world, share some ideas and make some contacts. I'd like to put out as much vinyl as i can in my lifetime, and love nothing more than traveling and meeting people.
www.keithkemp.com is my website.
anything more u want to ask me, letthebasskik@yahoo.com
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

hi,

when are you going to release on archipel?
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
carbon_copy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by carbon_copy »

Hi Keith! welcome! This guy is cool as they come. Good people.

-John
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

Welcome Keith!

Nice introduction 8)
Hope to see you around often...
keithkemp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by keithkemp »

hey guys, thanks for the welcome..
Plaster, i am working on finishing my compositions for JP right now...time has been a commodity with my semester nearing completion....
seth
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by seth »

kemp in the house!
if thing don't progress, will the future truly come
alland
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alland »

sup mang.

a.