M-AUDIO Revolution 5.1

- open
.kavo.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

M-AUDIO Revolution 5.1

Post by .kavo. »

i am standing with my old PC on death point without any progress, so i am thinking about new one.
the biggest problem for me seems choice of sound card. my selection goes to M-AUDIO Revolution 5.1 - http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/R ... -main.html

wanna ask you guys, is this sound card good for start experiencing in ableton or another production software?

thanks in advance :wink:
"smokin' hydroponic"
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pizzamon »

Best to look into an external usb2 or firewire audio box. I don't think you are going to be happy with this card if you are planning on using it for audio purposes. It's made for gamers, and uses mini jacks. If you are going to get into something like ableton you should look into something more portable, It is nice to have 1/4 ' jacks for integrating into other mixers and such as well.
.kavo.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by .kavo. »

thanks for answer man.
well, browsing web and discovering that M-Audio SC is not so good, ah.
i look at E-MU Systems. found this two interesting shits:
E-MU 0202 USB 2.0
and
E-MU 0404 USB 2.0
i was hoping for price about 100$, so the first one for 130$ can be. second one costs 200$. its seems too much.
anyway, can you tell me your own opinion?

thanks again

edit: what about this?: E-MU 0404 PCI
better price!
:roll:
"smokin' hydroponic"
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pizzamon »

That seems to have everything you need, but I don't know how advanced you want to go with your music, or what direction you want to take it. These days EVERY name company is making basic input/output devices for computer music. The competition demands that they become cheaper. You can easily find something to suite the average user for around $150 U.S.. That EMU has decent specs, but I don't know anyone using one. There are some new Alesis I/O devices that I'm hearing good things about around that price point though. Check into this and see if it would better suite you, because I can personally say they are worth the money. I cannot say that the EMU is worth the money because I don't have experience with it.

One on sale.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ALEIO2
Monotek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Monotek »

i read review about this alesis in one very good magazine, not international, and everything seems to be ok..good sound + very good phantom power + nice case

go for this one!
uritotti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by uritotti »

I think that the best way to listen to music is with 2 speakers or 2.1.

5.1 it's not for music but for films and games.