[Siteholder UnCut] DimDJ - Dead By Night EP ***OUT NOW***

- wax
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[Siteholder UnCut] DimDJ - Dead By Night EP ***OUT NOW***

Post by Brian Ffar »

Hey everyone, just wanted to give you the heads up on our new release set to drop on Friday, August 17th at Beatport.

SITEHOLDER UNCUT
Following the success of Siteholder Records, the Chicago based trio of Billy Dalessandro, Brian Ffar, and Daniel Mnookin turn things up a notch with Siteholder UnCut – a digital sub-label currently sold exclusively through Beatport. Featuring the edgier side of techno, one can expect a riskier sound from a wider range of artists (both well known and up and coming) that is bound to please both one’s aural senses as well as a packed dance floor. If Siteholder is any indication of what these Chicago natives have to offer, UnCut will only serve to further establish the label’s foundation of serious beats.

Artist: DimDJ
Title: Dead By Night EP
Format: Digital
Cat. No.: SHUC003
Release Date: August 17, 2007

————— Tracks ——–——

Dead By Night (Original)
Brian Ffar Remix
Slutbox Remix
Alland Byallo’s “Zombie Sunset” Remix

All tracks can now be downloaded at Beatport

DEAD BY NIGHT EP

The cities of Chicago and Thessaloniki might be on opposite sides of the Atlantic Ocean, but in terms of cutting edge beats they might as well be next-door neighbors. Thessaloniki’s Dim Dj provides a stunning example with his tripped out number entitled “Dead By Night.” Ruthless bass, heady robotic vibes, and a memorable synth stab all make their mark on this third release for Chicago based sub-label, Siteholder UnCut.

As if the original didn’t do enough damage, UnCut delivers three remarkable remixes from a trio of well-respected studio names.

Following up his stellar “Ballroom Hustler” EP on Siteholder Records, label co-owner Brian Ffar proves that he’s just getting started with this peak time take on Dim’s original. The gloves are off the minute Ffar’s punishing bass kick begins, and it’s 12 rounds of no frills pummeling from start to finish.

Slutbox duo Billy Dalessandro and Daniel Mnookin take to “Dead by Night” with a Forcetracks style offering. Deep bass emerges over a subtly building groove, taking Dim’s synth stabs and giving it a rework. In what has come to be known as the standard Slutbox style, try not to drown in the sweaty filth than engulfs your body on the dance floor.

Finally, San Francisco based [Kontrol] resident Alland Byallo makes his Siteholder debut with his own take on the track. Minimal landscapes meld with the funky low end to complete this highly anticipated Thessaloniki meets Chicago meets San Francisco face-off.

OUT NOW:
SHUC001 - Daniel Mnookin - Spotted Cow EP
SHUC002 - Huge Hephner - The Booty Drop EP
SHUC003 - DimDJ - Dead By Night EP

All tracks can now be downloaded at Beatport
Last edited by Brian Ffar on Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dantron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

SHUC003

Post by Dantron »

DimDJ – Dead By Night EP (SHUC003) Feedback:

Alex Flatner (Harthouse) – “Thanks for the new promo. Actually, I can’t say which track I like the most; I really do like all of them. The original as well as the Byallo remix are great…as well as the Slutbox remix too. Very nice package, I will play it in my next radio session for Ibiza Sonica Radio!”

Andrew Grant (Circo Loco / DC-10) – “This is the best Siteholder UnCut for me to date...all mixes are slammin’, but I prefer the Slutbox remix and original the most.” – #2 on August 2007 Chart

Axel Fischer (Harry Klein) – “(The Brian Ffar remix is) very pumping minimal-house track…nice reverb sounds. I like it!”

Butane (Alphahouse / Dumb Unit) – “Slutbox (remix) for the win!”

Chris Fortier (Balance / Fade Records) – “I really like the new record from you guys, all the mixes are really good…will be playing out for sure.”

Jason Emsley (Kompakt / Platzhirsch) - "Great release guys. For me the show stealer is the Slutbox remix. It's like the Slutbox duo took the doe-eyed original...got her hopped up on whiskey, valium, and promises of glamour and stardom...then dropped her off at the local trucker strip-joint during fall tryouts for 'So, You Think You Can Strip'. Will definitely be playing it out. Keep up the good work!"

Jeff Samuel (Poker Flat / Trapez) – “Thanks for the music, I like both the Slutbox mix and Alland's mix - nice groovin’ tech-house. I can only play this in small venues, but it will work nicely there…looking forward to the next releases.”

Mazi (Brique Rouge / Gourmet) – “I really like Alland's remix of this track. Can't wait to play it on Saturday!”

Patrick Bateman (Tic Tac Toe) – “Thanks for the promo, my faves are the Ffar and Byallo remixes! Proper US style minimal sh!t!”

Reynold (Dumb Unit / Morris Audio / Treibstoff / Trenton) – “Hey guys, my favorite is the Brian Ffar remix…really groovy stuff…will play it for sure!”

Tyler Stadius (Fabric)
– “Man, love these too. The remixes are killer. Can't wait to play them out.”
john_masti
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by john_masti »

nads up for dim

great release
i am a fucken bird!!!!! :)
Cotumo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Cotumo »

Awesome :shock:
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brian Ffar »

Thanks guys...glad you dig it!

B
morris215
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by morris215 »

congrats on a great release!
nowayback
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by nowayback »

Dim is an excellent producer and artist in general
(his graphic design stuff is dope too!)
locals should check him at the (drunk) friday night sessions @ isalos bar :D

remixes are great here, so big ups for this release!
i can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty.
http://prop4g4nd4.com
morris215
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by morris215 »

nowayback wrote:Dim is an excellent producer and artist in general
(his graphic design stuff is dope too!)
locals should check him at the (drunk) friday night sessions @ isalos bar :D

remixes are great here, so big ups for this release!
not to mention the guy's cool as hell 8)