- wax
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[Floppy013] Donk Boys - Sing Along With

Post by thomasjaldemark »

Donk Boys
Sing Along With
Release 17th september - digital 2 weeks later!
Samples at WAS and Decks.de

A1: Mongoponny
A2: Zonky
B1: Elephant
B2: Gump Nymix

Some feedbacks:

Ambivalent (M_nus) "I've played nearly every track on the EP so far. Every one is a crowd pleaser. I'll keep playing these for a long time, for sure."

Italoboyz (Mothership): “ Nice and funky as usual for this outlet, very contemporary but with his own style! My fav is zonky!!”

Karotte (Cocoon): “finde a1 gut. wird gespielt.”

Mike Monday (Om/Playtime): “I like Mongoponny - freaky n funky!”

Mike Shannon (Cynosure): “Some excellent funk from the Boys. I'll be playing this one for some time. ”

Mr C (The End UK): “ A1 - Excellent, just what the groove doctor ordered. B1 - Nice quirky percussive house. good for in the mix. On rotation. 7/10 B2 - I like this too. fun contemporary house & good for in the mix. On rotation. 7/10 Very good EP. these Swedish boys know their sh!t”

Hot on the heels of their debut for Frankie Rec (Cpstyre EP), the swedish newcomers Donk Boys aka Thomas Jaldemark and Martin Abrahamsson presents four new hot trax for your favorite label Floppy Funk! “Mongoponny” shoots off this parade of sing along hits with its haunting rhythm and damaged, yet addictive, rubber-like melody, complete with a low pitched YEAH sample, its almost like a soundclash of Claude vonStroke vs m_nus on horse… mental that is. For the sick floors that just can’t get enough! Next up is “Zonky": Almost tripping over itself with the booming sub bass, wet blops and suggestive melodic elements, this one should do the trick if you’re into more minimal sounds. Moody, but still crazy funky! Flip to B-side for trunkfunk with “Elephant": Starting off with a steady shuffled beat and crisp percussion combined with warped vocal snippets, this one does not wait for anyone! Jumping straight into the mix with the pop like lead melody, again extremely addictive, like an elephant needing to score a fix from the dealer pig… Not for the faint hearted! Full on zoo disco action - video game style! The finishing track is “Gump Nymix": Bringing in the old skool elements of Joey Beltram (Game Form-era), Neil Landstrumm (circa Praline Horse) and Sweden’s finest Börft Records, this wonky bit is in its own way the most deranged of the four. Stripped distorted drums (aah the RZ-1 hihat!) plus a really really stupid bassline that just keeps on going and going and going like a circuit bent childrens toy. Add some farty beat boxing to the mix and you are all set to keep you bobbing til’ dawn! Sounds really silly, and you know you want it… So, gather your friends, treat yourselves to a couple of beers and sing along with Donk Boys’ karaoke smashers! Knäck-pscht!
Last edited by thomasjaldemark on Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

me like!
good work
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

nice work thomas! good thing that you're finally getting all those releases you deserve!
cn
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cn »

fräscht
handclaps (cp) for you guys!
hugo idle
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hugo idle »

Nice! B1, Elephant, is my fav.

and today I also enjoyd these tracks;
Rune & Sydenham - Elephant
and
Dr.Nojoke - Elephant

..seems to be elephant day perhaps.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

This is really good
dandroff
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dandroff »

nice going boys! I'm pretty donked by Gump Nymix :)

catch the donk boys in belgium: info
Katzenjammer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Katzenjammer »

Another delicious DB release. Sounds wicked.

Mongoponny & Elephant are swinging.
[url=http://partikel.bandcamp.com]Partikel - Ark 1 out now on tape and digital[/url]