If I knew then...

- open
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

If I knew then...

Post by pizzamon »

man, I'm sitting here thinking about all the vinyl I have past up, and given away over the years. If I had only known then! I remember when Rob Hood's "the pace" was all over the record shops - (remember those?). I kept thinking, I'll get it later, no problem...then it was gone-DOH! I remember seeing a Fennesz (Is it O.K. to talk about fennesz here?) clear vinyl, Immediate action 12' release. I had it in my hand. I listened to it on those little dinky store headphones and thought "what kind of noise is this sh!t?". There were probably 50 of those made. I would give my big toe for that now. I remember all the Tone Capsule "soul oddity" 12 inch series on vinyl. Thank God I was smart enough to grab the 3rd one at least. At one point I had all those old Photek releases, before he went 2 step on us. Gave them away...stupid, stupid, stupid. I was developed enough to know what I was hearing, but didn't have enough experience to know better. sh!t, all those kikoman releases, the chain reactions (I'll always be able to get those right). I was smart enough to keep some of the Dope, and I'm grateful for that. Still have a first print of the Philips Track 12'. Still have my favorite SUBHEAD release. Still have the Peacefrog joints..P.J. - "bump Talkin'", Dan Curtin - "Art and science". Wish I could have some of my youth back. I would have a different collection today for sure.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

i wish i was a little fish
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pizzamon »

plaster wrote:i wish i was a little fish
Where would you want to live?
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: If I knew then...

Post by dsat »

pizzamon wrote:man, I'm sitting here thinking about all the vinyl I have past up, and given away over the years. If I had only known then! I remember when Rob Hood's "the pace" was all over the record shops - (remember those?). I kept thinking, I'll get it later, no problem...then it was gone-DOH! I remember seeing a Fennesz (Is it O.K. to talk about fennesz here?) clear vinyl, Immediate action 12' release. I had it in my hand. I listened to it on those little dinky store headphones and thought "what kind of noise is this sht?". There were probably 50 of those made. I would give my big toe for that now. I remember all the Tone Capsule "soul oddity" 12 inch series on vinyl. Thank God I was smart enough to grab the 3rd one at least. At one point I had all those old Photek releases, before he went 2 step on us. Gave them away...stupid, stupid, stupid. I was developed enough to know what I was hearing, but didn't have enough experience to know better. sht, all those kikoman releases, the chain reactions (I'll always be able to get those right). I was smart enough to keep some of the Dope, and I'm grateful for that. Still have a first print of the Philips Track 12'. Still have my favorite SUBHEAD release. Still have the Peacefrog joints..P.J. - "bump Talkin'", Dan Curtin - "Art and science". Wish I could have some of my youth back. I would have a different collection today for sure.
you'd amazed what you could find 2nd hand... just dig and you will find