Is it going technotechno again?

- open
axens
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by axens »

I think there will be a big detroit hype in the future, as the hype is already existing. When you look at decks records for example, they already use the brandmark detroit for a lot of stuff, that does not come from detroit, or has nothing to do with the original sound. So this is the same that happened to minimal music.
But I think its great at the moment, there are lots of cool releases from belgium and everywhere else that sound a bit more dirty and real than lot of the annoying minimal stuff. More like Techno...
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

axens wrote:More like Techno...

:roll:
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

djreagen wrote: oh yea... theres some people that hear a song they actually quite like while its not their genre and then some voice in their head says: eeehm hey? this is trance... oh right... THIS SUCKS.. weird?
I know of that voice you speak of. Everyone should not listen to that voice. When the voice in your head says "its too weird, people won't like it", you say back to yourself "shut up voice! you suck! i hate you!".

I tell people "take off your judgment hat and put on your party hat". It means, stop judging and being critical. This is a fucking party. Let loose and have fun. Go with your first instinct. If you like it, it makes you move, play it. It's that simple. Chances are pretty good if you like it, other people do too.

There's actually medication available you can take to (temporarily) eliminate that judging voice. It's great for dj'ing, as you go with your gut and play what melodically makes sense, while not worrying about what people might think of you.
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pizzamon »

The next wave is coming, Det. foreva'. Hide your daughters.