[Fabric 36] Ricardo Villalobos

- wax
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

I dunno, it just looks like extreme self-marketing to me...
It often annoys me to see DJ's putting a lot of their own tracks into a CD release mix, as they seem that they are just trying to promote themselves and use the mix CD for publicity, rather than using the best tracks available to make the best mix possible.
So when EVERY damn track is your own?? That's either an interesting concept, as people here seem to think, or just a major example of cynical marketing.
mandrup
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mandrup »

Rich wrote:I dunno, it just looks like extreme self-marketing to me...
It often annoys me to see DJ's putting a lot of their own tracks into a CD release mix, as they seem that they are just trying to promote themselves and use the mix CD for publicity, rather than using the best tracks available to make the best mix possible.
So when EVERY damn track is your own?? That's either an interesting concept, as people here seem to think, or just a major example of cynical marketing.
oh yes, Ricardo really has the needs for self-marketing :roll:
prenzlauer
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by prenzlauer »

Since the first serious rumors started about him making fabric 36, it was said to be an artist showcase. Have you read the interview? A bit pretentious perhaps, but he actually says he wants to do an album without all the attention - hence the fabric mix.
harold_f
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harold_f »

so you prefer a a mix cd with tracks that you will definitely go out and look for the second you see the tracklist on mnml.nl or any other site. Come september when the cd drops, these tracks will have been whored to death by wanna be's, bedroom/internet radio show dj's, my grandmother, and every other joe. At that point you will be so sick of hearing the same tracks so much that you will deem this mix boring and thats it. Fabric, wanted him to do something and he chose to do it this way, for his reasons. I dont think that "we" should speculate much on the matter, and just enjoy the mix come september.
Fonque
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Fonque »

isn't it the true purpose of listening to mixes that you're getting new records to buy?
"What is underground? Dig a fucking hole and stick your head in it."

http://www.myspace.com/mrfonk

"yeah, vinyl is real! all these cd's and downloads are bullshit, they aint real."
Leighton Ashcroft
werdtoyourmoms
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by werdtoyourmoms »

not this time
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

:D
tv
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tv »

Maybe after playing other peoples releases every weekend for the last many years, releasing a couple of albums and a lot of 12" he thought it would be fun to do something different.......

I can only compliment him for thinking 'out of the box' :wink:

uuuh, i almost forgot......Looking very much forward to hearing this! :P