Camea

irishp1mp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by irishp1mp »

She threw down a great set this past weekend here in D.c.Good job.
insideout
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by insideout »

Camea
Brooklyn / Berlin

She is Seattle cool meets Brooklyn edge, with a dark, sophisticated techno and micro-house sound that's addicted the hip across Europe, Asia, and the Americas. Camea, a classically trained piano and clarinet player turned electronica diva, offers a funky-sexy blend of groovy house and techno-pop, a little bit dirty and a lot danceable. A rising star on the producing scene, her tracks have been played by many leading artists, and in 2007 she has remixes coming out Minus and Einmaleins, as well as original music on Spectral. She's also the co-founder of two record labels, Clink Recordings and Klickhaus, which showcases the best of minimal techno, and both imprints have received International attention and press from DJs, critics and listeners. Working closely with New York locals Tim Xavier, Insideout, Tony Rohr, Ambivalent and Elon, Camea is passionate about both labels and continues to work hard to keep them on the rise.

From small, underground clubs to crowds numbering in thousands, Camea is recognized for her intelligent, fun music selection and outgoing stage presence, which has earned her a valuable reputation worldwide. She has also made a distinct mark on the New York techno scene, performing at most of the prestigious venues and parties for her genre, including Avalon, Cielo, Wolf and Lamb, Bunker, APT and Crobar. Additionally, she teams up with Kevin McHugh, also known as Ambivalent (Minus), on Friday nights for a global audience on their live weekly broadcast, The Nerd Tank, on www.EastVillageRadio.com.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I was amazed when I saw her live pa and dj set at oslo in detroit about a year ago.. still remember that night vividly...

- both live and dj sets were stellar..

- - really one to look out for..

:D
Jose Cabrera
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jose Cabrera »

Cameita is the diva, lovely artist and person.
slickrick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by slickrick »

I Love her.... 8)

Great person!!!
Elektric Salsa
pSsp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by pSsp »

fantastic sound, right up my street!
shh pSsp
Panoramagulasch
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Panoramagulasch »

she´s a realy nice person! i used to listen to the nerd tank (radioshow from Ambivalent and her- also a podcast - but somehow it stopt..or at least there are no podcasts anymore..). i like a lot of her productions and remixes and clink is a damn good label anyway!
saw her playing on the fusion festival...fucking weird though...welll, there was a cat and a bee and a mole dancing with the crowd and later with her behind the decks.....^^ actually there must be hundreds of pictures from this, but i havent found a single one on the net...
- this is no joke!

hope to see her soon again! and i´m definetly keeping an eye on clink and her stuff...
*We are all in the gutter - but some of us are looking at the stars!*
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

I believe she has some of those pics on her myspace account. Funny pics.