[GPM074] Samim - Heater

- wax
punchi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by punchi »

antonio_pt wrote:
punchi wrote: Why is it a bad accordion riff? I mean, I saw your opinion: "Hick"....I guess you're from europe and you're referring to the hicks where you live but.... it's directly inspired by latin american ethnic music from Peru and such.

I bet no one has ever listened to a track like this(not in the beat mainly, but in the general sound)...you have got to give him credit for that. So many bad releases every fucking day, with the same effects, incredibly boring "riffs" if you can call them that, pretentious as fck descriptions for absolutely un-interesting music.
i am entitled to my opinion to think this sounds like a cheap, absolutely uninspired accordion riff. in fact, i am entitled to think this tune sucks, which i do. it's, above all, a easy, catchy dancefloor tune, the proper follow-up to his 'hay consuelo' remix which is played everywhere from the local cheesy house club to the revered panoramabar. is it wrong to produce a pop record or a ibiza anthem? absolutely not. but not everyone has to like it. plus does or should anyone give a fck? again, not really. it's just personal taste after all. not nuclear physics.

i do agree that there are a million bad new releases every day, many of them copying each other's clicks and pops, delivering cutting edge production techniques with no musical content whatsoever, and _still_ announcing themselves through long, rich paragraphs that promise so much and deliver so little. still, i think the IDEA you guys mentioned is important but not enough. you either execute the idea well or you don't.

my apologies if i came off as a prick, but i just expressed my opinion about this track made by an artist whose output i usually like and praise.
It's alright man. I love all of Samim's previous work(solo and with Michal Ho) and I could understand how someone would not like this new single, it is a pop tune after all. I just got back at you because I thought you weren't taking my point of view as valid and were just discarding my opinion as someone who wouldn't understand any better.
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

haha, been a long time indeed since there were such outspoken reactions to a release on this board :) at the moment i can't think of any other samim or get physical record i have in my collection...but i do like this one :) i'd somehow place it next to andre kraml's 'safari' track (the original) or the 'viktor casanova' track from italoboyz: it's a track that jumps out easily out of a set, you remember it after hearing it only once ànd it makes the dancefloor smile. now to be honnest that sounds like the description of a good track to me..
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

fader wrote:haha, been a long time indeed since there were such outspoken reactions to a release on this board :) at the moment i can't think of any other samim or get physical record i have in my collection...but i do like this one :) i'd somehow place it next to andre kraml's 'safari' track (the original) or the 'viktor casanova' track from italoboyz: it's a track that jumps out easily out of a set, you remember it after hearing it only once ànd it makes the dancefloor smile. now to be honnest that sounds like the description of a good track to me..
i agree, it;s really characteristic and i'm gonna play it for sure, don't give a fo if it's pop or pseudo house, it just roxx the dancefloor imo, that's all :D
peace
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

punchi wrote: I just got back at you because I thought you weren't taking my point of view as valid and were just discarding my opinion as someone who wouldn't understand any better.
not at all! to each his own, after all :D
Dàsz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dàsz »

antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

Dàsz wrote:You should try this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frlTB7HT6qc

:lol: :lol: :lol: