my little boy is recovering in hospital

- open
henrique
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by henrique »

sorry I've only catched up this thread now.. but it really moved me. I'm hoping the best news from your side. I wish you and your family all the best.
adelaideperson
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by adelaideperson »

hi guys..

andre is coming along, slowly.. before the accident he was just starting to form sentences, he's just now starting to say "dad","aunty","no".. he has good control over his left arm, not so flash on the right side, and reverse on the legs. he is getting more neck strength now so he doesn't lean so much in his wheelchair, and he is starting to try to sit up (he gets about halfway at the moment). given time hopefully he won't need the chair anymore..

friday week from now the doctors are talking of putting the piece of skull back in, and they say his improvement will be marked after this. i myself feel more optimistic now after reading of worse cases and the recoveries made, even though the brain damage andre has suffered was fairly extensive..

as i said before, each day there is a small improvement & they all add up together! my partner & i being with him so much don't always notice the improvements (therese stays with him during the week, i go in before & after work & relieve her on the weekends) i'm at work at the moment so will post again later..

thanks again for your encouragement,

regards

derek
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

glad to hear about the improvements.it's gonna be all good, step by tep he'll find to his form, be sure of it. don't lose your optimism
m.
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

thank you for the news,
and happy to hear that the situation is moving in the right direction.
as you say, you are every day with andre, and you probably won't notice big changes. from my little experience, i learned that improvements come always when you don't expect them. so be confident and be patient.
all the best
a.
Spazz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spazz »

i know i haven't posted earlier but i read each post and each of your updates with the hope that you'll tell us that andre is getting better and better,so i'm glad to hear that his condition is improving,

i bet that it will all be well,
e.
i eat tropical melons
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

i just read this now,
my thoughts are with you and your family
best regards
manzatour
deRoland
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by deRoland »

i wish your son the best too.
modelfruit
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by modelfruit »

sorry, i'm a bit late on this.

it's great to hear that he's doing better.

big hugs for andré, you + therese!