Genelec 8030, Adam 7, KrK V8 series II,or others?

- ask away
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

when i bought my current monitors, i auditioned lots of different monitors in the shop and sat for hours checking them all out with my own music, and i have to say that the KRKs sounded boxey and weird to my ears.
i ended up buying Mackie HR824's.
i went in there with glowing reviews of the KRKs, lots of people on this forum rave about them, and also people seem to not rate the HR824's for some reason, so i went to the shop with no intention of buying them, but to me they were by far the flatest and clearest sounding monitors on offer in that price range.
i've got a small studio as well, and i'm happy with the 824's and the resulting releases from my studio, the vinyl cutting engineer had nothing to do at all for my last 6 records, so they must be pretty flat.
my friend has genelecs, and i find them thin sounding, so yes its all very subjective, you really have to spend time audioning them properly, and even then they will sound very different when you get them home.

those KRKs sounded crap man,
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

face it ppl

you have to spend some money to get nice speakers

good audio is expensive

those cheap boxes just don't cut it for me

(i had to wait 10 years until I could afford proper monitoring system tho, grown up with cheapo monitor too)
clairo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by clairo »

Than u for the answers, but nothing new.
I'mg going to listening near state of the art tracks onto the monitors and valuate their behaviour.
The huge problem is that @ about 200km from me do not exist a shop with all these monitors, so the comparision 'll be influenced by elements that will be various from one moment to another, from one location to another and fromone state of mind and another :D :shock:
Thank U alot guys.
If u have others suggestion i appreciate them.
Have anice day.
Cla.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

sorgenkind wrote:face it ppl

you have to spend some money to get nice speakers

good audio is expensive

those cheap boxes just don't cut it for me

(i had to wait 10 years until I could afford proper monitoring system tho, grown up with cheapo monitor too)
this is the truth bro,
but its worth remembering that its what your final mix sounds like on other peoples systems and in clubs etc. that matters in the end, and that plenty of great sounding music is produced using cheap monitors or even just headphones. i would never recommend that to anyone, but a good mate of mine has no choice but to use headphones due to living in a house with thin walls and intolerant neighbours, and he's currently considered one of the best producers around.