lurker here...in need of suggestions

- open
pulchritudinous
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

lurker here...in need of suggestions

Post by pulchritudinous »

hi all! lurker here from chicago. i've been reading the boards for a while and of course i must ask for something in my first post.

i'll be visiting europe this summer and was hoping to get suggestions from locals on places to hang out. basically, i'm looking for the bars and lounges you enjoy most. i'll be traveling alone, so preferably they would be places i can go to by myself and still have a good time. they can be music oriented or not. i don't think i'll be doing much clubbing, but if there is a club i shouldn't miss, please feel free to recommend it. here's a list of the larger cities i'll be visiting:

stockholm
copenhagen
amsterdam
brugge
prague
bern
interlaken
florence
rome
barcelona
madrid
lisbon

thanks for any help you offer!
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

Lisbon: just get lost in Bairro Alto and take it from there...
TiEZ
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TiEZ »

bern is pretty boring (and slow :P)..take another city like zurich or geneva.

and interlaken is the most overrated location in europe ever....very expensive. if you would like to see mountains....visit the valais and especially the eggishorn. zermatt ist nothing special as well..you see only the matterhorn from there.

but your agenda sounds like an usual 2-3 week tour trough europe. btw, no german city ?
pulchritudinous
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by pulchritudinous »

TiEZ wrote:bern is pretty boring (and slow :P)..take another city like zurich or geneva.

and interlaken is the most overrated location in europe ever....very expensive. if you would like to see mountains....visit the valais and especially the eggishorn. zermatt ist nothing special as well..you see only the matterhorn from there.

but your agenda sounds like an usual 2-3 week tour trough europe. btw, no german city ?

i'm going to a lot of smaller cities mixed inbetween and will be there for 2 months. i leave soon, so i don't know if there's time to change the agenda for switzerland. i should have asked for suggestions a while ago, but i'll be happy just being on vacation and away.

and no germany this time around, i've been there a couple of times already. :D