Unauthorized sampling of Seph / Lee Curtiss track?

- open
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

who cares...

"plagarism" doesn't exist so long as it's not an exact copy in every single way.. like a cd rip of the whole song. so long as the whole song is not the exact same thing it's ok.. god knows how many people have the bass line from chic's good times.. and they're not being called stealers

i think "plagarism", aka copyright infringement is important for the development of music and culture.. i dont care if you steal something so long as you made something that is new. stealing is part of the creation of art/music... lets get over it
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

i just listened to them. they're different enough.. in fact i like the "plagarised" track even more.
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

Some one should put those tracks back to back in a mix... :wink:
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:I think they're similar but not stolen. Leroy's track is better in all angles.
you're really good to know that based on a lofi 2 minutes clip.
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

pheek wrote:
Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:I think they're similar but not stolen. Leroy's track is better in all angles.

lol. werd.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:The good old days of hard techno: newbies sampled the likes of Adam Beyer, Jeff Mills and Marco Carola and called it their own. None of the new guys knew how to work gear so they sampled a drumloop, used a shitty vocal or synth stab and called it a day.

Today: Everybody uses Ableton and Microtonic. All you have to do is lay down your kick, and setup a hi hat and snare drum in micro tonic with some longer decay on the noise envelope. Afterwards, take a sub driver or a kick drum, turn up the attack a tad, and put it directly off beat. If you're feeling funky, transpose the offbeat kick drum +2 here or there on select notes. Lastly, turn up the shuffle slightly on ableton and you have an instant Gaiser/Lee Curtis/Barem whatever the fck track. All you have to do is add a sampled sound from around the house and maybe a vocal pitched down like, "yeeaaaaahhh...." or "bitches....."

Also, if you want to be Trentemoeller in 20 minutes or less, go ahead and download the "Vengeance Minimal House" sample CD!

Oh fck...I just gave out all the minimal secrets...looks like people actually have to work harder now.
:lol: :lol:
thanks a lot, this "tutorial" is even better than "Martha Stewart's Guide To Minimal Cooking".
shaun
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shaun »

Last edited by shaun on Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
shaun
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shaun »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:The good old days of hard techno: newbies sampled the likes of Adam Beyer, Jeff Mills and Marco Carola and called it their own. None of the new guys knew how to work gear so they sampled a drumloop, used a shitty vocal or synth stab and called it a day.

Today: Everybody uses Ableton and Microtonic. All you have to do is lay down your kick, and setup a hi hat and snare drum in micro tonic with some longer decay on the noise envelope. Afterwards, take a sub driver or a kick drum, turn up the attack a tad, and put it directly off beat. If you're feeling funky, transpose the offbeat kick drum +2 here or there on select notes. Lastly, turn up the shuffle slightly on ableton and you have an instant Gaiser/Lee Curtis/Barem whatever the fck track. All you have to do is add a sampled sound from around the house and maybe a vocal pitched down like, "yeeaaaaahhh...." or "bitches....."

Also, if you want to be Trentemoeller in 20 minutes or less, go ahead and download the "Vengeance Minimal House" sample CD!

Oh fck...I just gave out all the minimal secrets...looks like people actually have to work harder now.

wow, looks like you have it all figured out.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

pheek wrote:

!!!