breaking i new monitors?

- ask away
sauce
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sauce »

Dynaudio is arguably the best monitor you can get for under $5000. If they say there is some criteria to be met, then i would probably do what they say!
..::ArenaRockForAndroids::..

http://soundcloud.com/danieklerr
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

$5000? that is a bit too much. did you mean $500?
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

sauce wrote:Dynaudio is arguably the best monitor you can get for under $5000. If they say there is some criteria to be met, then i would probably do what they say!
Genelec is widely regarded as the "best" in professional circles, FYI. Having used Dynaudios, Mackies and Genelecs I would have to agree with the industry.
nfty
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nfty »

sauce wrote:Dynaudio is arguably the best monitor you can get for under $5000. If they say there is some criteria to be met, then i would probably do what they say!
Of course, I would do the same. But the question is whether this holds for other monitors also (the original poster has got Mackies).
New Guy wrote:$5000? that is a bit too much. did you mean $500?
You won't get Dynaudios for under $500, but I admit $5000 is a bit overdone. ;)
sauce
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sauce »

I meant $5000, as in "Dynaudio is the best monitors for under $5000". Genelec doesn't make a good speaker for under 5 grand. Also, my Genelec 1038's don't have near the "true" monitoring that a pair of Dynaudio has for half the price, and that's that. My next pair of monitors will be Klein and Hummel. Period.
..::ArenaRockForAndroids::..

http://soundcloud.com/danieklerr
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

sauce wrote:I meant $5000, as in "Dynaudio is the best monitors for under $5000". Genelec doesn't make a good speaker for under 5 grand. Also, my Genelec 1038's don't have near the "true" monitoring that a pair of Dynaudio has for half the price, and that's that. My next pair of monitors will be Klein and Hummel. Period.
for under US$5000 you can buy other monitors which in my opinion are better than dynaudio eg. Adam speakers which cost under US$5000 are brilliant.

its all just personal taste anyway...
fl0w
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: breaking i new monitors?

Post by fl0w »

vviizzoonn wrote:i just bought a brand new pair of mackie 824s and was curious if i should be breaking these in at all (playing them at a constant volume for 24 hours)? or is this just a myth that i should be doing this with new monitors?
I always break my new monitors. If in doubt, do it, you have nothing to lose.
:.: : :: : :.: .:. :.