[arpiar001] v/a - dry tool / going like you / de bou (2007)

- wax
tati
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tati »

:roll:
whatever
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by whatever »

vrejulf wrote:i just got the 12" but regarding the digital version :roll: , well.. i have "dry tool ".mp3 for about 4 months now
that's nothing to be proud of
daca ai dry tool de 4 luni inseamna ca l-ai furat....
vrejulf
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by vrejulf »

whatever wrote:
vrejulf wrote:i just got the 12" but regarding the digital version :roll: , well.. i have "dry tool ".mp3 for about 4 months now
that's nothing to be proud of
daca ai dry tool de 4 luni inseamna ca l-ai furat....
why ? i bought it ! what was i suppose to do ? wait 4 months for the first romanian release of it's caliber ? curiosity won .

ps. vrei sa imi spui ca absolut toata muzica ta este cumparata ?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

vrejulf wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
Which 'shop' did you buy 'dry tool' in? :lol:
freebase records , where it first came out (i'm refering to the vinyl)
the .mp3 :?: beats me , i can't remember where i have it from
I was referring to the mp3 you had, even though it's not out digitally.
domnugogu
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by domnugogu »

(*)
katie_m
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by katie_m »

this release is the bomb!well done to all!
pedro's track is my JAM....amazing!respect!
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

Not that I approve of stealing or sampling other people's music, but this is nothing new to the industry. The only reason its "rare" in the minimal genre is because there isn't a whole lot to sample.

House music, techno, DNB, it all heavily sampled each other. I can't count the times I've heard people sample Adam Beyer or Jeff Mills blatantly for their tracks. It's pretty disrespectful but nature sorts itself out and those people aren't around anymore.

On the other side of the coin, part of the reason electronic music is around comes from people sampling other sources to create something new and "techno." Taking a disco loop and making a hard techno track, etc. I guess what I am saying is, who has the authority to say "This is okay to sample, but this is not."

This topic has been played to death on forums over the last 10-15 years and there is no real answer. All I know is my personal opinion is that spending the time to make something on your own is 100% worth the wait and effort.

Lastly, I do find it kind of funny that you guys knock these guys so badly for not paying royalties when people like Luciano and Ricardo sample vocals and traditional foreign songs constantly...I'm sure they don't pay royalties out either.
Coyu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coyu »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:Not that I approve of stealing or sampling other people's music, but this is nothing new to the industry.
Sure...Do you want listen another example?

First listen "Vancouver" :arrow: http://www.myspace.com/henrysaiz...

...And later "What Ever" (Wagon Repair024) :arrow: http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF266438-01-02-01.mp3

Henry Saiz mades "Vancouver" long time ago. And he sends the track to WG, but they didn't want it... :roll:

Stole or coincidance?