[BE] SHEER #5: Daniel 'DBX' Bell - Silo-Club (Leuven)

any
silo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[BE] SHEER #5: Daniel 'DBX' Bell - Silo-Club (Leuven)

Post by silo »

Saturday 23 June 2007
SHEER #5
Silo-Club (Leuven - Belgium)

Daniel 'DBX' Bell (Detroit - 7th City)
Chloé (Paris - Kill the dj)
Darko (Brussels - Statik Dancin')

Before taking a short summerbreak, SHEER present the Detroit legend Daniel 'DBX' Bell on saturday June 23th. '7th City' just got back relaunched and Dan has some new productions himself ready to be spread. We are more then honoured to have this minimal master behind our decks.

It has been a very nice first season with amongts our guests: Luciano / Paul Kalkbrenner / Konrad Black / LoSoul / ... and don't we forget the incredible back to back from Belgian finest Pierre & Darko!

audiodidact
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by audiodidact »

Nice line up, but I have been to the silo for about 7 times now. But it never seems to get really mad in there. The athmosphere stays lame.

Don't know if it's because it's more a student disco then a club where people really come for the music and you got a lot of mixture. Now it's just a good option to hang out hear some music an drink some beer.

Was there with luciano 2 weeks ago.
An audiodidact also known as an audiomath

audiodidact music
audiodidact sells
silo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by silo »

Don't know if it's because it's more a student disco
silo isn't a student club. it's actually hardly open during weekdays up till now. it's not because during the week leuven is a student city that everything happening there has to be generalised. during the weekend the city is actually low on number students.

regarding atmosphere, this part of belgium is indeed known for its difficult crowd, true. but i tell you when it's good it's good and not many can come close so it's a challenge for each artist. it's indeed it's not a "shout & whistle with every move of a dj" club. luckily.
audiodidact
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by audiodidact »

The students staying in Leuven for the weekend go to the Silo then.... :P

No don't get me wrong. I really like what you are doing over there. The line up/bookings are in my opinion stronger then before. And it's indeed a challenge then.

But I spoke to some people that night and nobody knew who luciano was. I think that is akward compared to other locations, where everybody knows who is playing. Not that everybody has to know.
On the other hand people just come for the music :wink: and not for the dj.

Quote: "Luciano.....that's that reggea dj from the uk, isn't he"

Keep those nice names coming and I also will be coming. I love leuven, especially that Marokan Restaurent in the Muntstraat.
Lamscarre.... :shock: that's like heaven.
An audiodidact also known as an audiomath

audiodidact music
audiodidact sells
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

silo wrote:
Don't know if it's because it's more a student disco
silo isn't a student club. it's actually hardly open during weekdays up till now. it's not because during the week leuven is a student city that everything happening there has to be generalised. during the weekend the city is actually low on number students.

regarding atmosphere, this part of belgium is indeed known for its difficult crowd, true. but i tell you when it's good it's good and not many can come close so it's a challenge for each artist. it's indeed it's not a "shout & whistle with every move of a dj" club. luckily.
word :) It's only rare that a dj gets the crowd really mental, but sometimes it happens. Silo is difficult because the people there see beyond the hype and actually listen to the set. my favourite place in Belgium by a mile!
silo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by silo »

like said silo-club has a different way of appreciating quality music. people dance, smile and enjoy instead of shout & whistle.