getting startet

- ask away
Techelon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Techelon »

why do you first understand the basics, i began music with the shitty program magix music maker. Some past and cut work with samples and stuff, after that i just do nothing for a year and than i got cubase sx, i just experiment with them vst i's, effects,...
after 1.5 year been trying to get something that sounds good, i can say my quallity and structures are making evolution,
so you learn while you are buissy, put youre feeling in to it, don't think you can make a john gaiser ep in 5 months producing.
just have fun in beeing buissy with youre program. And don't be lazzy pleace
Keep on the good work
grtz
juanm2t
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by juanm2t »

first: understand what is a song.
second: identify the things you will need to make a song.
third: get a program and begin experimenting with everything it has.
fourth: do what ever you want so you will be finding your sound.
and the most important thing here BE PATIENT sometimes is time that gives you lot of a ideas.
"do not rush to get the final product"
digitalbunny
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by digitalbunny »

Through the wonderful world of technology comes ... dum dum DUMMMMMMMMM ... the tutorial DVD. It's like reading the manual but in this case, you will actually do it.

There's shitloads of them for any program you want.
Here's some you might like:
Ableton Live Tutorial [ask video] - https://askvideo.com/product_info.php?c ... 79557ad930
Reason Tutorial [ask video] - https://askvideo.com/product_info.php?c ... 79557ad930
Lots of Cubase stuff [ask video] - https://askvideo.com/index.php?cPath=22 ... 79557ad930
Complete Tracktion 2 [swa video] (my fav, i own this one ... love tracktion) - http://streamworksaudio.com/?page=produ ... =2&catID=7

So there's a good start. Go forth and conquer the minimal techno (or house) world gubenhindenmoller.
gubenhinden
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gubenhinden »

thanks for the links ;-)

i already got the ableton tutorial dvd @ home and i hope i find some time to look at it during the weekend.

would you guy's also suggest some hardware to start with or is this just luxury? :-)
juanm2t
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by juanm2t »

gubenhinden wrote:thanks for the links ;-)

i already got the ableton tutorial dvd @ home and i hope i find some time to look at it during the weekend.

would you guy's also suggest some hardware to start with or is this just luxury? :-)
good monitors and soundcard.
gubenhinden
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gubenhinden »

i don't have one of that :)
only got a terratec aureon fun 5.1 and a soundblaster 7.1
that must be enough :P
but im thinking about an m-oudio firewire card
S
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S »

Hardware... id suggest a korg emx or esx

Software... Ableton

The Korg groovboxes are easy to learn and fun to use... will really get you rolling with programing beats/blips and simple bass lines etc... an all in 1 box thats hands on, youl very quickly be pushing its bounaries and producing simple catchy patterns/loops!

Ableton has distant boundaries unlike the korg groovboxes so you can get lost in it if you dont know your own... its like the pros groovebox if you like. Nothing wrong with jumping in at the deep end though... just take a deep breath before if you do :wink:

All in all get to know a 16 sequencer/drum machine first then get obsessed with it :twisted: soft or hard but hardware will teach you faster than the mouse and is MORE FUN. Thats really important!
S
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S »

Oh... hello all!

:) First post