[MINUS51] JPLS - Twilite

- wax
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

your younger sister doesn't have a soul?
Not when it comes to making music she doesnt.

Thing is i like all sorts of different music, but i dont understand this sort of stuff, it sounds very time of now if you know what i mean. Saying that it might sound good at 6am when your off your face, but does that mean its good music?
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

::BLM:: wrote:Thing is i like all sorts of different music, but i dont understand this sort of stuff, it sounds very time of now if you know what i mean. Saying that it might sound good at 6am when your off your face, but does that mean its good music?
To me some of these tracks have alot of soul in them.
So yeah I think this is good music.

Tastes differ.
You don't like it, fine, I can respect that.
But I don't think it's necessary to go posting around that this music doesn't have any soul, that's it's pure drugs music and that it isn't good music at all.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

To me some of these tracks have alot of soul in them.
So yeah I think this is good music.

Tastes differ.
You don't like it, fine, I can respect that.
But I don't think it's necessary to go posting around that this music doesn't have any soul, that's it's pure drugs music and that it isn't good music at all
Is this not a public messageboard? I can say what i want, i didnt mean any disrespect to the artist who made the music, i was just saying what I thought of the release.

Thats what i thought all this messageboard malarky was about - sorry next time ill just follow the crowd like a little sheep. baaaaaa
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

Yes it's a public message board. And I'm merely posting my opinion, just like you.
Sorry if it sounded a bit harsh.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

The harshness is good m'man. Wish a few more people expressed what they though rather then just following the crowd.

Have you ever checked out stuff by the likes of charles webster? that my friend is music with proper soul
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

i dont think you can compare charles webster with this. it like comparing mozart with coltrane.
both are great , but both are totaly different worlds.
MicrominiKev
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MicrominiKev »

The question of whether music has "soul" or not is completely irrelevant, and more, it's annoying.

First and foremost, if you're listening to any kind of techno, you're probably avoiding some of the trademarks signifiers for "soul."

JPLS strips electronic music down to its essence, and I think that's really what people are listening for. Whether it has "soul" is about as relevant as whether it has a love song on it. Sort of like looking for images of kittens in a Rothko painting. If you're looking for any of those things, you're in the wrong place.

I think JPLS tracks have a lot of mental and conceptual depth. This is the core value in it. Beyond that, they have great groove, flawless mixing and unique sounds. I'd be hard pressed to find anyone posting on MNML.NL who wouldn't value those as the highest criteria in judging a record.
http://www.myspace.com/iamambivalent

The Nerd Tank Radio Show
with Kevin & Camea

Podcast Available Here
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

my highest criteria is "danceable" record or not.
i just follow my ass.