(YORE-003) TODD SINES aka .Xtrak_Back_up EP (YRE-001/GER)

- wax
YoreSounds
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

(YORE-003) TODD SINES aka .Xtrak_Back_up EP (YRE-001/GER)

Post by YoreSounds »

Artist: .XTrak aka TODD SINES
Title: backup EP
Format: 12"
Label: YORE (001)

In the days of Yore …a new label focusing on the authentic old school sound in both House and Techno. Yore’s approach is to bring back the soulfulness and the deepness that this music so desperately needs. By selecting material from some of the finest old school producers, such as Todd Sines, Rick Wade, Terrence Dixon and others this sure being the case.YRE-001 delivers an irrepressibly funky set of old-school Techno tracks by Todd Sines under the .xtrak guise. The Chicago-styled cuts resurrect the ‘95 vibe of the material Sines produced for and with DBX (Daniel Bell) on 7TH City and Peacefrog, as well as on Carl Craig’s Planet E. “Back_Up EP” presents four slamming samplings of techno-funk where acidy synths burble and ricochet over sexily slithering bass lines, backbeat hi-hats, stomping kick drums, and snares that crack and pop as forcefully as a slap to the face. On this first Yore release, Sines invigorates the globally-celebrated minimal techno genre with classic soulfulness and depth.

YRE001 in the media

Airplay: “Contactfm.com (F)”
AME – INNERVISIONS: “„beide platten (Yre001/002) sind der killer, besonders die alten todd sines stuecke haben es mir angetan.wie daniel bell in seinen besten zeiten!“ ”

BABY FORD (I_FACH, PERLON – LO: “ yore 12"s - i like both of them mmm disco heaven :) they re already in my box ”

Damien Almira (Dj Styles) F: “The hero is back ! ;-) ”

Dinky (Horizontal): “amazing record! will carry it for long and play it for long! really emotional,deep, beautifull!”

Geoffroy Mugwump (Hi-Phen): “very interesting stuff from the ever reliable mr Sines, even if this is pretty old, it has stood the test of time”

Giles Smith (Dj Mag) UK: “Sick stuff for sure, Todd shows them how its done, sounds sp fresh. "Restart" does it for me. ”

Jef K(CRACK&SPEED/Silver Netwo: “ REALLY REALLY love the todd sines i've been playing all tracks last week end in my 6h set at robert johnson / frankfurt saturday and 3h set at decadance /gent sunday amazing, i've been following this artist for a while now ......... also really like the rick wade in a deeper mood! Keep up the excellent work! ”

Jesse Rose (Front Room rec): “RESTART has got the jack, will be in the box for a long time for sure. ”

Karotte: “klasse edits von den alten todd sines nummern. a1 und b2 does it for me.”

Sasse (Mood Music) : “ wicked oldschool vibes from this highly underrated

Info/Listen: www.yore-records.com
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

booooooooooooooooooooooooomb!!

this record is even more great than I had expected
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

yes, have had it for some time, and this is great!
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

Great to have .xtrak back in the fold. I'll defnitely be picking this up.

Out of curiosity, I was told at some point that Yore is a new sublabel from Background.. Is that true?
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

in the bag!
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

v404 wrote:Great to have .xtrak back in the fold. I'll defnitely be picking this up.

Out of curiosity, I was told at some point that Yore is a new sublabel from Background.. Is that true?
andy and some other peepz are behind it yeah
sampleslaya
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sampleslaya »

great news!
definitely a future purchase :D
silentstorm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by silentstorm »

Jeeeeesus. Killer Release. and then Rick Wade next. both on the list.