swindle
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Form Fitting Earplugs are the Best

Post by swindle »

Got these earplugs specially made by a DJ friend on mine:

http://www.soundadvice-earplugs.com/

Unfortunately, you need to be in Dallas, TX, for the fitting. :(

If you can find some like these, however, I *highly* recommend them.
-----------------------------
Greg
http://music.swindle.net/
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

Der geile Ami wrote:Another emergency ear plug I have heard of is to use the filter from an unused cigarette.
had to do this once. worked fine.

pay attention to not push the filters to deep into your ears. i had a bit of problems to take them out on one side.
sylvie.foret
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sylvie.foret »

i can relate to the part about smoking herb--and i've been wondering for a long time if anyone else has had this experience. i've brought it up to other people and they seem never to know what i'm talking about.

so, a couple of years ago, i played when i was the most stoned i had ever been (furry humboldt county vapo). for about a month after, my ears were ringing loud. also, i had such intense ear fatigue that even the sound of traffic made me edgy--forget about playing or going into the studio. i'm still super-sensitive. can't be anywhere loud for too long w/out protection.

i have a packet of cheapo earplugs on me at all times and then i have a few sets of these other ones i got at www.earlove.com. they're just like the fancy custom ones, but cheaper.

this incident freaked me out. i'd always prided myself on good hearing/perfect pitch etc. now i'm not so sure--and i'd definitely say THC had everythng to do with it.
TiEZ
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TiEZ »