[Mnus49] Ambivalent - Ruok (EP)

- wax
digitalbunny
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by digitalbunny »

Zinthek wrote:Then don't go see minus artists every week and download every set you can find!
I'm not bored with it yet, I've heard the complete track maybe 2 or 3 times or something.
Well as long as you're not bored with it i guess no one else should be! :roll:
nierika
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nierika »

hotpace wrote:To be honest, and this is hugely typical of Minus releases, I'm fucking sick of hearing this record now, never mind playing it out! I absolutely loved it when I first heard it around Oct/Nov last year but its now been cained by all the Minus lot [obviously] and I'm just over it now. Don't get me wrong I still appreciate it for being a great track but that 'new tune' excitement has long gone now. They really need to get to grips with this problem I think cos I reckon there'll be quite a few people who share my view. I buy stuff thats new and fresh, not old and stale!! Image
I agree that the title track is played out (for us that are constantly listening to sets from m_nus artists) but the B-side tracks may be outstanding.
Ivand
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Ivand »

hotpace wrote:To be honest, and this is hugely typical of Minus releases, I'm fucking sick of hearing this record now, never mind playing it out! I absolutely loved it when I first heard it around Oct/Nov last year but its now been cained by all the Minus lot [obviously] and I'm just over it now. Don't get me wrong I still appreciate it for being a great track but that 'new tune' excitement has long gone now. They really need to get to grips with this problem I think cos I reckon there'll be quite a few people who share my view. I buy stuff thats new and fresh, not old and stale!! Image
thats how it works, then after gets released nobody from m_nus will play it
You bring light in..
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

digitalbunny wrote:Well as long as you're not bored with it i guess no one else should be! :roll:
True.

But it's just that I'm quite fed up with minus releases having 8 pages of people telling how they're all ready bored with the track.
digitalbunny
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by digitalbunny »

Zinthek wrote:True.

But it's just that I'm quite fed up with minus releases having 8 pages of people telling how they're all ready bored with the track.
Fair call!
I have nothing against any label, i'll buy any track from anywhere if i like it (i'm still waiting from some justin timberlake minimal).
One thing i don't like is the massive hype some releases get so far from the actual release date! When i first heard of this i thought "oh cool, i'll get that one ... must be like a week away" but it's had a month+ of lead up. Just a bit irritating :)
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Zinthek wrote:Then don't go see minus artists every week and download every set you can find!
I'm not bored with it yet, I've heard the complete track maybe 2 or 3 times or something.
exactly, I don't listen to any dj sets (except from dj's I don't know yet) and so I don't hear these tracks 6 months in advance, so yes, this still sounds great and as soon as it's on Beatport I'll buy it and play it :)

You people should really stop disecting every set and enjoy the music more. Because reality is: on a party, probably only 1% of the people know that RUOK is in the playlist of minus artists (that's the 1% that's standing on the side of the floor nagging and bitching about the music being old), the other 99% is going nuts on the grooves. Guess which group I'd rather play for :lol:
plusplus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by plusplus »

Great samples!!

I'm anything else but bored of it. Haven't even heard the full thing yet.
I agree it's kind of irritating that it's promoted so strongly a month early cause "normal" people like me can only get their hands on it once the record shop here gets it which is... eh... I guess next week, maybe.. :(

I also agree with the last comment by PsyTox.
Great work on this track &can't wait to hear the full thing straight off vinyl. :)
keto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by keto »

really, guys, you should listen to less m-nus sets. i'm not fed up with it at all..
:shock: