SUBT017 Keinzweiter 'My Girlfriend Beats Me Up'

- wax
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

hehe, keep on-topic xlr8r :p

great release again from keinzweiter, strange he doesn't get more attention from ppl, but thats only my opinion :o

will buy this when weekend comes, friday is payday ;D
djxlr8r
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djxlr8r »

vermi wrote:keep on-topic xlr8r
Last time I checked vermi, you are not a mod so don't tell me to keep "on topic" as I'm not the first nor will be the last that can ask questions that don't necessarily pertain to the original thread post. Look I'm not trying to stir sh!t up, I don't post that much on this board for somebody like you vermi to say that I should keep "on topic", so back off. I can ask whatever I want because this is a public forum, and you're making me look like the "bad guy" here. Just look at almost all the minus threads on this board for example and how they go 10 pages plus and go completely off topic with people posting biased irrelevant opinions which have nothing to do with the first initial thread post and yet no one says sh!t. What's so wrong with asking questions, what, has this board gone totally sensitive that we have to pick and choose what we can say or worse yet ask?

Nonetheless, this should be a great release by Mr. Keinzweiter and thanks to the label for making it available to the public finally.
Last edited by djxlr8r on Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
john_masti
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by john_masti »

xaxa...nice title...really goo track
i am a fucken bird!!!!! :)
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

hehe..

djxlr8r is right about the net release thing but whatever. I wouldn't have seen it as quickly had it not been in the formal releases section.. but that's all really besides the point.

This is a great release though. Keinzweiter, as Vermi already said, is surprisingly overlooked. He's got his own sound and has the production deft & dexterity many other more revered artists could only wish for. He should get a lot more attention for what he does & I feel as though some of the bigger labels dropped the ball having not picked up on him already. Especially in lieu of some of the oversaturated artists as of late.

His last net release, that's right I said it, on Plex was also really good & shouldn't be passed on by anyone who isn't too lazy to download it. It's almost a bit of a shame that this nor the Plex release won't see vinyl life. I think it might have garnered more attention if they had.

But hey, let's us not forget his new 12" on OverDrive either... It's bananas!
djxlr8r
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djxlr8r »

v404 wrote:Image

hehe..

djxlr8r is right about the net release thing but whatever. I wouldn't have seen it as quickly had it not been in the formal releases section.. but that's all really besides the point.

This is a great release though. Keinzweiter, as Vermi already said, is surprisingly overlooked. He's got his own sound and has the production deft & dexterity many other more revered artists could only wish for. He should get a lot more attention for what he does & I feel as though some of the bigger labels dropped the ball having not picked up on him already. Especially in lieu of some of the oversaturated artists as of late.

His last net release, that's right I said it, on Plex was also really good & shouldn't be passed on by anyone who isn't too lazy to download it. It's almost a bit of a shame that this nor the Plex release won't see vinyl life. I think it might have garnered more attention if they had.

But hey, let's us not forget his new 12" on OverDrive either... It's bananas!
I knew I had it coming :P :lol:

But everything you said about Keinzweiter, I couldn't have put it better myself. He's a great producer that truly goes unnoticed unfortunately here on this board, but not for his fans he doesn't. I'm just happy to see that someone went out of their way to have Keinzweiter sign his tracks for their label and for that I give major props, because it could have been somebody else. Cheers for Subtropical!
subtropical
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by subtropical »

djxlr8r wrote:
subtropical wrote:
djxlr8r wrote:
subtropical wrote:Won't be out on Vinyl but this label is not a 'netlabel'...
djxlr8r wrote:Now will this release be on vinyl also? If not, then this thread should be moved to the net releases page
http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=22 :wink:
I'm sorry I don't understand your point...again, subtropical records is not a netlabel???
Then what is it :? If your Keinzweiter release is not out on vinyl but is out on MP3 only then it is in fact a net release. You even mentioned beatport as an online store source to download it. By looking at Discogs and checking out all of your releases, well almost all as Discogs does look like they have a few things missing from your catalog, you have only one vinyl 12" release and the rest are in fact net releases since they are only available for MP3 download. How is your label not a net label if you release mostly net releases?

Netlabels are entities that by design, release FREE music via the web. Subtropical follows a traditional record label business model: products for payment. I'm not sure why this is confusing to you. If you look on THIS board, the title of the 'NETLABEL' section clearly states: FREE NETLABEL RELEASES...

This is not a free release and Subtropical is not a netlabel. 'Netlabel' is in fact a different concept entirely. I don't want to detract from this thread any further but you could always PM if you wanted to learn more.

Cheers :)
subtropical
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by subtropical »

djxlr8r wrote: I'm just happy to see that someone went out of their way to have Keinzweiter sign his tracks for their label and for that I give major props, because it could have been somebody else. Cheers for Subtropical!

Thanks very much that's cool to hear!
subtropical
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by subtropical »

Thanks for the kind words guys! We are very happy to have Keinzweiter!