mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

i would say its....

the art of saying just enough to get the point across
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

Layborn wrote:So in away it a lifestyle? hmmmmm...a form of thought and relation...
Yeah. A lifestyle, that's a very good description :) Minimalism is a lifestyle to me for the most part. I don't know about other people. Although I am sure there are a few people around here who just might live as minimalists to some degree as well. I find intricate beauty in simplicity.
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

When i think of minimal music, I think of making a statement with a small number of sounds.
dunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dunkel »

i think every minimalism is all forms is there so there will be enough space for the imagination. maybe thats why its getting so popular on the dance floor, because djs dont force heave mellodies/sounds on the crowd , but let them complete/create the mellodies in their on ears, which also creats a nice interaction between the dj to the audience but thats a different poll :P
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

Minimal is definitely a lot more than music, but...

I think minimal music is music that's made in a way that the track would sound incomplete if any one thing were removed, but in it's normal state, there's definitely enough there to consider it a 'song'. The amount of elements and their use is a personal taste, I think, so what one person may consider a song, another person might interpret as incomplete.

The artist whose music embodies minimal closest to my personal interpretation is probably Thomas Brinkmann.
Layborn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Layborn »

I find intricate beauty in simplicity.
Simplicity is what makes up the intricate. A cut snare or a table and two chairs..each is relative to the whole. Minimalism can indeed be applied to daily life offerings. A resounding snare cut in half and a pinch of reverb ..simplifies and adds a singular dimension.. So yeah bluntly..I agree with you.
Hmmm wondered off there..
-Layborn-
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

blabla let's dance!!
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

f3d4r wrote:blabla let's dance!!
Right on! fck genres. It's alllll about raving!!!